AT700 vs AT800De

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by InSpire, Jul 11, 2005.

1. InSpire

InSpire Regular Member

I am considering getting one of them. Need help if you have tried both. I am comparing between AT700 4U vs AT800De 3U.

Will like to know what are the differences between the two in term:
    - feel
    - play
    - power

Thanks a lot.

2. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    i going to say that at700 gives me a better feel because it is box shaped frame, i never really liked aerodynamic feel

playability, i believe the at800 will be better, by playability i mean ease of use. but at700 is no weakling here too. if you get the swing right, this racket will produce smashes that is out of this world.

power = depends on swing. assuming both at sweet spot, at700 has more power. but then if off centre, 800 will gove you more.

my advice, just get the 700. i had 800 and didnt like it.

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    AT700 is very light, if you are a singles player, this one is reccomended for you. it has explosive power if strung at high tension. drops will be accurate if executed correctly. adapting to doubles with this racket will be easier than adapting to singles with at800. over all i reccomend Armortec 700.

4. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I current have a AT700 3U and owned a AT800DF 3U. AT700 is considerably more head heavy and has more power. AT800DF is a much faster and maneuvrable racquet compared to AT700. I'd say AT800DF is more of an all around racquet, while AT700 is a power racquet. AT700 has slightly more vibration dampening. I'd say AT800DF has slightly better feel and control due to the feedback you get from the slight vibration on contact.

Essentially, if you value power, go for AT700. If you want speed, go for AT800DF.

#4 jsunsun, Jul 11, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  5. InSpire

InSpire Regular Member

Thanks for all your feedback.

Two last questions, is AT700 slim shaft as well and what is the benefit of slim shaft racket?

Thanks

6. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I believe both AT700 and 800 are slim shaft (7-7.5mm diameter). Though the AT800 has a fatter T-joint area. I don't know any benefits to slim shafts other than aesthetics...