User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your logic is interesting but there is no need whatsoever for a changes.

Professional badminton players have spent their entire life practising strokes and skills.And giving them a new net height will be like asking them to play a different game[coz at the highest level players are very very accurate].

But why do u say 4cms..how come the exact figure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaN_fAn
    Professional badminton players have spent their entire life practising strokes and skills.And giving them a new net height will be like asking them to play a different game[coz at the highest level players are very very accurate].
    And during their entire life (from junior to adult) they have grown taller, got heavier or lighter, faster or slower, used heavy racquets, used light racquets...etc

but they adapted to all these different conditions.
    I think they could easily get used to a higher net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why you so funny?

IBF's considering shortening the game of badminton and here you are, suggesting an increment in height of net, resulting in longer rallies and boredom! AHH. fan xing fan xing yi xia bah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think no reason or basis to raise the net 4 cm.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton is like a chess game. You you setup shots to win the point. When did you see a racquet sport change the demision and objection of the sport. Player adopt to any change of the game. Yes, new tech. makes game faster and more challenging, but you should use it to your advantage, not cry about it. Since height is an issue, are you going to put in a rule whcih restrict player to max height of 200cm? What is done is done look forward to your next practice, not the game yesterday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of tennis pro legends suggest requiring the pro's to use wooden rackets to slow down the game. Maybe the badminton pro's can be required to use wooden racquets also. But probably Yonex will definitely object to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    A lot of tennis pro legends suggest requiring the pro's to use wooden rackets to slow down the game. Maybe the badminton pro's can be required to use wooden racquets also. But probably Yonex will definitely object to it.
    again, why? Is badminton rallies getting shorter like in tennis? are players hitting shuttles out alot? Are pros missing more on their smash return? Please don't do what the monkey do.

A big difference is that badminton is not tennis nor golf, duhhh.

batter is hitting harder and farther, have baseball change their bat or ball?
    volleyball spikes are harder and faster now, has the ball changed?
    Last edited by cooler; 07-12-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second what cooler says. Basketball player gets taller, they did not raise the height of basket. (they did consider that before) Valley ball player getting better at spiking the ball, the net did not get higher. Did you see how fast the table tennis can be? They still do not restrict the paddle tech. As long as both side are on even playing filed, there is no need to change the rule. If you feel you are too good for your oppenent, why not just spot him/her a few points. Increase the net height is not an improvement and don't fix the net unless it has a big hole in it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by increasing the height of the net, you restrict the downward angles for people who aren't as tall as jens Eriksen, so less killer smash oppurtunities so probably lengthening the game?

and VOLIA.....you have modernised badminton , exactly what they have done in tennis and golf, and thus we are "keeping pace" with other "modern" sports....

hey...were are you going??!

....stop following that herd of sheep....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quisitor
    Much of the skill, thought and heart to the game have been eroded.
    I have to say I like to think that I am applying skill, thought and heart when I play, i don't know about you....and I would say that its these 3 attributes that have gotten most of the professionals players to where they are. How are they being eroded?

People are getting better fitness training, I believe this is one of the reasons that there is more pace in the modern game than before, yet they use the pace with equal servings of skill as before in my opinion.

I would say LS King and Peter Gade both put skill, thought and heart into their play on court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    i think the old tennis pros are just jealous of today's tennis athletes which more focus, more fit, just more better in every way.

Why would yonex object making wood racket? If it sell, they will make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's a terrible idea!
    why all the changes, heard that the counting would change to 21 also
    i think the badminton rules are great how they are now

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to disagree with the argument for increasing the net height. If slowing down the game or reduce killer smash is what you are asking, you can just use slower shuttle during the game. By raising the net height, you are not going to see the drop shot as beautiful as before. It will change the game from placement to brute force. It also will give advantage to the taller player. Yes, it will give taller Western player advantage. But is this what you want? Also, tennis did not and does not raise net height to "modernize" the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope quisitor can take some critical comments....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players are fitter. The equipment is better. Everything is more strenuous and rallys go much faster. This is what badminton has become. Isn't that sad?

No.

Everything changes for the sake of changing. Everywhere. All the time. We never need to, and things often change for the worse.

Leave things as they are and focus on enjoying the game instead of calculating the precise advantage one has over the defending side when he smashes from point X at Y height when the net is as high as it is.

Relax, play, and have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does raising the height "modernize" the sport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think faster birds and larger courts would modernizing the sport more than the height of the net. Unless there is a reason to it...

However I don't think using slow birds will "modernize" it... Since "modernizing" doesn't mean to make the sport harder right??

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast