User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kam
    Damn it!!! Still don't know when the match be relayed on Hong Kong Cable
    you could check and download from the video sharing section. it's been put up there (bit torrent)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just finished watching this MOpen MS final match between LCW and LD.

However, first of all i need to say some things which i think i have not read anywhere in this forum. In a game of badminton, there is always 2 opposing sides. Umpires, service judge, and line judges are there to MAKE SURE FAIR GAME. It doesn't matter if you are world number 1 rank for 3 consecutive years or a world rank 200, you would still want fair game, and if you CAN'T TRUST the people supposedly there to MAKE SURE FAIR GAME, what happen? you crack, you make mistakes, your confidence becomes lower, and what else etc.

in this match, if you watch carefully, after each bad line calls (which i count is 4) LD would just stop trying just as you guys have said. However, you may not notice that several point after that bad line calls when LD was trying to play again, to concentrate again, he couldn't. why? simply because he DOESN'T FEEL SAFE to let go of the ball. see everytime a ball seems out, LD would hit it last minute - resulting in points for LCW. is this hard to understand? Even LCW also had this "unsafe-feeling" throughout the match after the bad line calls against LD.
    Putting it in another context is that if you go for driving license test, the examiner ask you to do this do that. after you done all that he would just say that you make mistakes and that you fail the test. next day you come again to retake the test, wouldn't you be more nervous? wouldn't you have less self-confidence? would you be telling yourself to be more careful this time? ------> like LD would "play it safe" by hitting last minute

the thing is that from those 4 bad line calls, 3 happens with LD RIGHT THERE AT THE SPOT. 1 happens far away from LD although in the video record after slow motion replay it does seem to confirm that it was bad line call (as to why i said 4 bad line calls). this is like YOU KNOW it's out but the ppl supposedly 'protecting you' says otherwise (like you feel you didn't make mistake at all yet you fail the driving license test). and this is a very bad feeling
    i don't know if all you talking about that a champion shouldn't be bothered by these stupid bad line calls and bla bla bla bla about mental toughness, but in my most honest opinion (and i think to most ppl), this kind of feeling ranks quite high in my list of things that disturb one's brain / mental. especially when it happens again and again. and looking at the video record seems that the second bad line calls happen just when LD was regaining his confidence. so does the third one. which just makes things seriously ugly in my eyes

anyway, i do agree that LCW did troubled LD a lot, but in neutral ground and in game with much less 'mental-destroyer-situation' i would really say LD would win LCW.
    as a last word, probably you all should still remember that champions are also human, capable of emotion. in fact, how many of you managed to be sterile, not affected at all by what happens around you?

just my 2cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 bad line calls in a 3-set match? Now, how many times have we seen those? This issue has been blown right out of proportion. Many have won matches with line calls against you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    4 bad line calls in a 3-set match? Now, how many times have we seen those? This issue has been blown right out of proportion. Many have won matches with line calls against you.
    I agree, LD supporters will always try to find excuses for him when he lose.

Perhaps if Lee CW beats LD again in WC, that will end all this. I think Malaysian MS are the ones that can threathen the Chinese at the moment. I think deep down, they fear Hafiz and Chong Wei. Hafiz enjoys playing the Chinese especially, and Lee CW's record against Chinese players are not so bad either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wl2172

Perhaps if Lee CW beats LD again in WC, that will end all this. I think Malaysian MS are the ones that can threathen the Chinese at the moment. I think deep down, they fear Hafiz and Chong Wei. Hafiz enjoys playing the Chinese especially, and Lee CW's record against Chinese players are not so bad either.
    I agree totally with your good judgement about ld's fans.Ireally hope lcw or hafiz will create upsets in the coming Wc.Ibelieve Hafiz will definitely pose a big threat to all the Chinese players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kokcheng
    I agree totally with your good judgement about ld's fans.Ireally hope lcw or hafiz will create upsets in the coming Wc.Ibelieve Hafiz will definitely pose a big threat to all the Chinese players.
    yes and he is really practicing hard for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wrote my opinion after i watched the recorded match. and i didn't do it because i'm a fan of somebody. in fact, i don't think i ever been a fan of something or anything, let alone somebody. if you read my opinion carefully you should be able to see that i didn't side to either player. i was intrigued by the much buzz generated by this match which was why i decide to comment on it. if you, the self-proclaimed, think always right just by breezing through my writing and then accusing me of lindan fan, perhaps you should look yourself in the mirror whether you're siding too much to the malaysian or not before you start accusing other who just try to be fair and offer a fair analysisthank you and pls think several times over before you reply negatively like this and look down to me to my future posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

after posting my reply to your negative accuse of me, i read again the posts replied to my writing and then i laugh and smile and wonder to how old you guys might be to post something and accuse someone just easily like that

i guess i should start remember that this kind of forum doesn't have an age limit

oh yeah and probably also posters who haven't been go out of his/her country so the nationality feeling is so strong that ones won't be able to think more exactly fairly (too biased in their judgement without knowing)

hopefully someone here in this forum who understand what i mean can enlighten me if me myself also belong to this group and couldn't see it

thank you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    yes and he is really practicing hard for the game.
    yes and so are the rest of the players who'll be at the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wl1272

i can now readily comprehend It'sMeMeMe's indignance at being unjustly accused of partiality on her part towards lin dan by accounting for his loss due to bad line calls.

i find it difficult to see eye to eye with wl1272's first sentence. how is it that you know only LD's fans (in their moment of silliness) try to defend their player's loss? and do all LD supporters ALways decide to delude themselves that way? your inclination to put in general what may only be true for certain particular cases clearly does not show maturity.

on the other hand, i wouldn't try to assume a poster's age merely upon reading his one or two posts, It'sMeMeMe. .. also, i don't think patriotism has much to do with whether one travels away from his/her country or not.

i feel that bad line calls are inevitable especially since it involves human power. and i'm sure we have all convinced ourselves 'dominance' may not be everlasting, even before we've seen lindan's defeat to chog wei. so really, there can't be any discussion (regarding LD-LCW's match) left to do besides, perhaps (more) expressions of awe (haha!) about the AMazing deceptive strokes they both did that evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=It'sMeMeMe]lol

after posting my reply to your negative accuse of me, i read again the posts replied to my writing and then i laugh and smile and wonder to how old you guys might be to post something and accuse someone just easily like that

i guess i should start remember that this kind of forum doesn't have an age limit

oh yeah and probably also posters who haven't been go out of his/her country so the nationality feeling is so strong that ones won't be able to think more exactly fairly (too biased in their judgement without knowing)

hopefully someone here in this forum who understand what i mean can enlighten me if me myself also belong to this group and couldn't see it

there is a lot of sense in your post - do not be offended by the reaction -some posters are so loyal to their heroes which is not necessarily a bad thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2