User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys... pls enlighten me here... so is Ronald taking part in the SEA Games??? His name is in the draw but thought he was supposed to be recuperating??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw ronald and the rest of the singapore team yesterday practicing, i think he's not going to play 'cuz the way he walked yesterday, he was kinda limping and he didnt play as intense as the others, then just this afternoon i watched team indonesia practice as well as thailand early this evening. everybody was practicing real hard and having i great time, specially me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glencomienda111
    i saw ronald and the rest of the singapore team yesterday practicing, i think he's not going to play 'cuz the way he walked yesterday, he was kinda limping and he didnt play as intense as the others, then just this afternoon i watched team indonesia practice as well as thailand early this evening. everybody was practicing real hard and having i great time, specially me
    did you manage to take pics with the players? all of them seems to be in a rush after the sessions.

just chatted with ronald few days ago. He still have to ice his legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think ronald will be playing.he carn possible playing a match limping thoughout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah... read from the papers...he's most prob acting as a decoy ....

hopefully he can fully recuperate in time to take part in next yr's main tourneys..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronald confirm not playing.Aaron Tan of SIngapore will replace ronald.(got this information from singapore badminton association website.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daph56
    Ronald confirm not playing.Aaron Tan of SIngapore will replace ronald.(got this information from singapore badminton association website.)
    yeah.. i saw this piece of info too... guess ronald can only dish out advices and strategies from the sidelines now... Good Luck Team Singapore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *~Taufik~*
    yeah.. i saw this piece of info too... guess ronald can only dish out advices and strategies from the sidelines now... Good Luck Team Singapore!
    Yeah. Good luck Singapore....though i don't really put any hope on the men's side. But still, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    did you manage to take pics with the players? all of them seems to be in a rush after the sessions.

just chatted with ronald few days ago. He still have to ice his legs.
    yup their always in a hurry, they practiced for 2hrs. did take their pictures but i cant seem to upload it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by .:Luân Kid:.
    Nguyen tien Minh in my country is a good racket,in Phi 2005, he will wins in all match !!!
    i agree. i think he's good and will definitely be a contender someday. i watched him play last night against kendrick lee of singapore. unfortunately, he lost. maybe because nobody was cheering for him. a large group of singaporean delegates were there to cheer for their team. vietnman has some other very good players also. in fact, they won their singles matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rascak_23
    I think the over all ranking in badminton SEA would be Indonesia, followed by Malaysia, then Thailand, The PHILIPPINES, Singapore....Vietnam....

Singapore's Susilo is one great player but thats only one guy, Im talking about the whole team here....The Asunscions, who got a bronze last SEA games really pulled us off ahead of the Singaporeans...We also beated Singapore's mens doubles in the last SEA games.

Well, im just hoping we could still beat them...i mean, we really have great players here! I can feel it through my veins. Hahahhah

Tsk tsk tsk. That was so much too soon. The Philippines was eliminated on the first night. Not even one set won. Kakahiya! I think we oughta get our feet out of our mouths and practice more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rayneee
    Sorry to say, but i think it's quite impossible for them to retain their title. With the malaysian, indo, thailand and singapore pair, it will be very difficult. But i do wish them the best of luck and it's actually quite nice to see Philippines win for a change!
    I agree! Long way to go for the Philippines but the ride looks good. We were there during the first night and our cheers didn't really work. We ended up cheering for Kendrick Lee instead. Even just one set won would've been great for the crowd. Oh well, someday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation on Vietnam team won Bronze medal in the men team! Congratulation Tien Minh, Quang Minh, Thanh Hai, Quang Phong, Hoang Hai, Nguyen Nhung, Thanh Thao, Thanh Thuy, Binh Tho, Thi Trang and all... Congratulation on all the effects of our team. Victory is not the most important thing but you are always in our hearts.
    Well come: Hochiminh Informatic Forum Badminton Club: http://www.ddth.com/showthread.htm?t=78620
    Last edited by quycoctu; 11-29-2005 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we got clobbered in the first round, but it's okay. let it be a wake up call for us (but believe me, we're wide awake already hehehe)

philippine badminton still has a long way to go, and a recent chat with the former head coach confirms that there is a big gap between the ranked asuncion siblings and whoever will take their place... simply because there aren't any young'uns stepping up yet.

but the sport is starting to make serious inroads in the philippines, and just for that, we filipino shuttlers feel like champs already.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crosstrainer
    we got clobbered in the first round, but it's okay. let it be a wake up call for us (but believe me, we're wide awake already hehehe)

philippine badminton still has a long way to go, and a recent chat with the former head coach confirms that there is a big gap between the ranked asuncion siblings and whoever will take their place... simply because there aren't any young'uns stepping up yet.

but the sport is starting to make serious inroads in the philippines, and just for that, we filipino shuttlers feel like champs already.

How badminton coaches in Philippine ?

I read in local news Minarti Timur & Bambang Suprianto played in INA Open 2005 after take holiday from Philippine (as coach).

And as I knew that Kwee Tek Ming (former Indonesia double player) played for Philippine in some tournaments.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I read in local news Minarti Timur & Bambang Suprianto played in INA Open 2005 after take holiday from Philippine (as coach).
    Well..I met Minarti Timur and had a short chat with her and an Indonesian official during the HK Open earlier this month. She was there accompanying the Phi team. I think she is still coaching there. Not sure abt Bambang though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy

And as I knew that Kwee Tek Ming (former Indonesia double player) played for Philippine in some tournaments.
    Hi Sandy,

There are quite a few badminton coaches here, most of them home grown.
    unfortunately, as with other countries, there are opposing factions within the ranks.

You have the Asuncion's, you have the Chan's among others.

About the Philippine Badminton Association, it's a circus, reeking of corruption (according to public perception) yet woefully short on funds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast