User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 157
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    you guys think this will be a cheap alternative to Yonex flying clamps? I need to purchase some and I'm not sure which one to order... I get I could buy one online and get a Yonex one at my local stringer and compare them first... However if somebody has a sound opinion I'd appreciate that.
    I think I don't like the HQ clamp, as it has 6 teeth. Of course, the wider the clamp, the easier u can maintain tension during the process. However, the last (top or bottom) cross might be a problem to be clamped, especially if ur machine (i.e. Klipper M140) has the large mounting pad (the pad around the mounting poles). If u have the V shape ones, that should be ok then.

    Addition to my post: Of course, if u have some narrower clamps on top of the HQ clamps, then, it might be a good combo to go with.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 08-19-2005 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #19
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I think I don't like the HQ clamp is, it has 6 teeth. Of course, the wider the clamp, the easier u can maintain tension during the process. However, the last (top or bottom) cross might be a problem to be clamped, especially if ur machine (i.e. Klipper M140) has the large mounting pad (the pad around the mounting poles). If u have the V shape ones, that should be ok then.
    That's a good point. I have an Eagnas ST-200 so no problems.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I think I don't like the HQ clamp is, it has 6 teeth. Of course, the wider the clamp, the easier u can maintain tension during the process. However, the last (top or bottom) cross might be a problem to be clamped, especially if ur machine (i.e. Klipper M140) has the large mounting pad (the pad around the mounting poles). If u have the V shape ones, that should be ok then.
    Hi LB,

    I was looking at the HQ vs YY flying clamp, I am almost sure they are the same except the color is different. Can you verify that? If so, I am guessing they are made by the same OEM.

    Thanks!

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Hi LB,

    I was looking at the HQ vs YY flying clamp, I am almost sure they are the same except the color is different. Can you verify that? If so, I am guessing they are made by the same OEM.

    Thanks!
    The HQ one seems have 6 teeth with more rectangular shape. The YY ones have 5 teetch with triangular shape, and made with medal (steel?).

    HQ has more teeth, and I assume the space in between a pair is narrower. Therefore, for rackets with smaller gap between strings (i.e. cab), it could be a good choice. YY ones has a bit wider space btw teeth, therefore, for rackets like AT series, it works in wonder.

    How, I would like s4MadMan to confirm, what material (for the teeth) is the HQ ones made from?

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The baddie string never get stuck in the grommet . The only problem is weak tooth floss that breaks into two during the pulling process. Many thanks to the BFer who recommends this method!!! Never again will I use awl .

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I see what u mean.

    However, the "looping" technique is quite challenge here. If u give too much tail end of the string, the string might bent, and stuck in the gromment...

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    The baddie string never get stuck in the grommet . The only problem is weak tooth floss that breaks into two during the pulling process. Many thanks to the BFer who recommends this method!!! Never again will I use awl .
    Hi Pete,

    Did you every try the mint flavor? Beside your teeth, your racquet smells good too.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Hi Pete,

    Did you every try the mint flavor? Beside your teeth, your racquet smells good too.
    Or, if pete only use the "used" ones for string process, he might be shy to let us know.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL, that's what one of my customers joked about ! "It smells minty."

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Hi Pete,

    Did you every try the mint flavor? Beside your teeth, your racquet smells good too.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now Now, everything is fresh from Pete .

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Or, if pete only use the "used" ones for string process, he might be shy to let us know.

  10. #27
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    How, I would like s4MadMan to confirm, what material (for the teeth) is the HQ ones made from?
    Lazy: I'm guessing it's either steel or aluminum. I don't know for sure unless I get a metallurgical analysis done.

    Anyway, here's a picture of the Hi-Qua Fly Clamp:


  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks pretty darn solid to me... still don't know if I should get a couple of these or the Yonex's

  12. #29
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Looks pretty darn solid to me... still don't know if I should get a couple of these or the Yonex's
    Yes, the Hi-Qua Fly Clamp is solid. I have no regrets purchasing it.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I think I don't like the HQ clamp, as it has 6 teeth. Of course, the wider the clamp, the easier u can maintain tension during the process. However, the last (top or bottom) cross might be a problem to be clamped, especially if ur machine (i.e. Klipper M140) has the large mounting pad (the pad around the mounting poles). If u have the V shape ones, that should be ok then.

    Addition to my post: Of course, if u have some narrower clamps on top of the HQ clamps, then, it might be a good combo to go with.
    Hey what about a Laserfibre MS200 ECO? What would you suggest? And when you say narrower clamps, would the Klippermate ones qualify?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Lazy: I'm guessing it's either steel or aluminum. I don't know for sure unless I get a metallurgical analysis done.

    Anyway, here's a picture of the Hi-Qua Fly Clamp:
    Lol... no worry.

    I still would like to know what the material for the purple part then? It looks like plastic to me. So, if my assumption is right, then, the teeth are metal (inner, golden part), and the plastic (outside, purple plastic?)

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Lol... no worry.

    I still would like to know what the material for the purple part then? It looks like plastic to me. So, if my assumption is right, then, the teeth are metal (inner, golden part), and the plastic (outside, purple plastic?)
    I think it's just painted steel or aluminum. Do you mind telling me which clamps suit my machine better?

    Guys, I messaged Alpha, they have the exact same clamps for sale for 20 dollars each. Here's the picture of the clamps.

    http://alphatennis.com/images/badminmachine_23.gif

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Hey what about a Laserfibre MS200 ECO? What would you suggest? And when you say narrower clamps, would the Klippermate ones qualify?
    Yes. The screw adjusted type fit in this.

  17. #34
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Lol... no worry.

    I still would like to know what the material for the purple part then? It looks like plastic to me. So, if my assumption is right, then, the teeth are metal (inner, golden part), and the plastic (outside, purple plastic?)
    I just inspected the purple part of the clamp, it's definitely aluminum because steel would be too heavy and plastic too light and flimsy. The purple is just the paint color/finish.

    So, it's all metal.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Reel of Used/Unused Yonex BG-80 String
    By ckyew in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 11-02-2011, 06:48 AM
  2. FS: For Sale BG 65 Power Reel 100M dan Reel 200M
    By kristian in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-21-2010, 11:42 AM
  3. WTB: string on reel (not packets)
    By noppy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 03-05-2009, 06:04 AM
  4. HI-QUA B-696 String reel
    By jif226 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 6
    : 03-19-2007, 10:07 AM
  5. Badminton string reel
    By mtakako in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 2
    : 12-01-2004, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •