User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    It's the stringing machine. Milkfish has the MS 200 ECO and I have MS 200 TT.
    OK, is there something special about the LF stringing machine? Because to my knowledge, every stringing machine can go to at least 50lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try this long thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=22331

The Laserfibre or Stringway machines have the best drop-weight system that I have seen so far. Any angle will you give the tension that was set. The internal mounting points are rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    OK, is there something special about the LF stringing machine? Because to my knowledge, every stringing machine can go to at least 50lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veering off topic a little, does the LF mounting system need any sort of adapters or special attachments to fit badminton racquets? I looked at it and am not sure how it fits a badminton racquets. The support posts look a little too big not to block a few holes.

Better yet, if those who're lucky (and loaded! ) enough to own an LF, if you can take some pictures of a badminton frame mounted on it and post them here?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The LF machines come with red badminton adaptors for the head and throat. There is also a red T-shaped badminton hold down clamp for the throat joint.

The black hold down clamps for the head stick out too much. Access to the 7th grommet on both sides are blocked; hence, 50-50 method and bottom-top stringing method are not possible. Without modification to the black hold down clamps, I can only use top-bottom stringing method.

I believe "unregister" can provide you with pictures of the machine with a badminton frame mounted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    Veering off topic a little, does the LF mounting system need any sort of adapters or special attachments to fit badminton racquets? I looked at it and am not sure how it fits a badminton racquets. The support posts look a little too big not to block a few holes.

Better yet, if those who're lucky (and loaded! ) enough to own an LF, if you can take some pictures of a badminton frame mounted on it and post them here?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 09-15-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    The black hold down clamps for the head stick out too much. Access to the 7th grommet on both sides are blocked; hence, 50-50 method and bottom-top stringing method are not possible. Without modification to the black hold down clamps, I can only use top-bottom stringing method.
    That's a little disappointing. Have you tried contacting Stringway/Laserfibre and hear what they have to say about it?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a little disappointing. Have you tried contacting Stringway/Laserfibre and hear what they have to say about it?
    Agree, that's weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I talked to LF already - not Stringway. It's just a design issue that they will not address .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The string is very stretchy: sometimes, I have to do triple pull to take out the slacks. Now, I understand why it behaves like BG-85.
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 09-17-2005 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stringway and Laserfuber machines are a variation of the 2-point, 4-point or 6-point hold-down system. There are only two stringing machine mounting systems-hold-down at the north and south and the other, a full suspension system. Lasefiber is closer to a 2-point hold-down machine, albeit an improvement because it's north/south hold-down covers a longer length but at the expense of blocking the top grommets. Hold-down systems, including Laserfiber's, use these north/south mounting to secure the racquet, and are very good for the mains. Without the additional side supports, stringing the crosses does produce some distortion, especially stringing an oval-shaped racquet at high tension from the top down.
    Have I stepped on something I shouldn't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Stringway and Laserfuber machines are a variation of the 2-point, 4-point or 6-point hold-down system. There are only two stringing machine mounting systems-hold-down at the north and south and the other, a full suspension system. Lasefiber is closer to a 2-point hold-down machine, albeit an improvement because it's north/south hold-down covers a longer length but at the expense of blocking the top grommets. Hold-down systems, including Laserfiber's, use these north/south mounting to secure the racquet, and are very good for the mains. Without the additional side supports, stringing the crosses does produce some distortion, especially stringing an oval-shaped racquet at high tension from the top down.
    Have I stepped on something I shouldn't?
    I'm not so sure about the crosses. Metal or graphite or whatever doesn't really STRETCH. So when your racquet distorts horizontally, it must get shorter vertically. That's my understanding, as the thread with my deformed racquet shows, the racquet is fatter but also shorter. So as long as the two inside supports don't give, there's technically no way the racquet can deform when stringing the crosses. Of course that's all presuming you know what you're doing and it's under normal circumstances. Like leaving 6 pulled mains for 4 hours, I'm not sure any support system can prevent distortion on that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    I just tried out the Hi-Qua strings on my CAB30MS... it's as good as any other string... I like it as much as BG65... actually a little better than that... it's really an amazing value...
    Overall so far, BAD NEWS on the Hi-Qua B-696 (HQ) String.

-I strung 5 rackets with the HQ String with the tension ranging from 25-29lbs. and all 5 strings broke in less than 1 hour of play, each.

- I had never strung with a string this soft before so I admit, the first racket string may have been slightly damaged which could attribute to the breakaged of the string. The next two rackets were strung with no problems and one broke due to a mishit but the other, right smack in the middle. Finally strung the same two rackets again making sure the string was right and busted both strings right in the middle in less than 30 minutes of play each.

-The string is very soft and easy to damage so you have to be careful when you string with it.

+The only two positives, the string price is amazing and yes, the string does play better than BG-65. I'd say somewhere between BG-65 and BG-80. But again, so far, the durability is absolutely horrendous.

I'm going to give it one more try; I'm going to string my ATOFF at 25/27lbs. and hope the string lasts more than 1 hour. If not, who was it that wanted to buy the rest of the reel? $20 shipped.

On another note: I tried the Ashaway Micro Legend for the first time and it's the best string I have ever tried. I have to play it more to be sure but the control and feel is better than BG-85. It has less repulsion but just feels so good. Will know more later.
    Last edited by S4MadMan; 09-19-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Darn, I have two reels now!!! Fishmilk, what's your most updated experience so far? Any serious breakage yet? QC must be very bad but price is just fantastic.

Overall so far, BAD NEWS on the Hi-Qua B-696 (HQ) String.

-I strung 5 rackets with the HQ String with the tension ranging from 25-29lbs. and all 5 strings broke in less than 1 hour of play, each.

- I had never strung with a string this soft before so I admit, the first racket string may have been slightly damaged which could attribute to the breakaged of the string. The next two rackets were strung with no problems and one broke due to a mishit but the other, right smack in the middle. Finally strung the same two rackets again making sure the string was right and busted both strings right in the middle in less than 30 minutes of play each.

-The string is very soft and easy to damage so you have to be careful when you string with it.

+The only two positives, the string price is amazing and yes, the string does play better than BG-65. I'd say somewhere between BG-65 and BG-80. But again, so far, the durability is absolutely horrendous.

I'm going to give it one more try; I'm going to string my ATOFF at 25/27lbs. and hope the string lasts more than 1 hour. If not, who was it that wanted to buy the rest of the reel? $20 shipped.

On another note: I tried the Ashaway Micro Legend for the first time and it's the best string I have ever tried. I have to play it more to be sure but the control and feel is better than BG-85. It has less repulsion but just feels so good. Will know more later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be me. Let me know if you're serious. I'll send you my email address.

About the string itself, I was just going to post an update based on my recent experience with it. I used to string my racquets at 27x29 (prestretched) 1-piece ATW until very recently. My observation on the B-696 was largely based on this. It played great and lasted quite reasonably. Then again, I'm not a killer-type. More of a defensive, placement and be killed-type.

About 3--4 racquets ago I started using the B-696 at 28x30 (also prestretched) 2-piece bottom-up after watching the stringers at the WC'05. I noticed that now I break those at least 1 per open gym session, sometimes more. All of them snapped due to off-centre mishits.

I've also botched 2 jobs on the machine because the string snapped while I was trying to get a cross through a shared hole on the head side. Both times happened when I tried to make way with an awl.

I don't know whether I've hit the limit of the string, the stringing pattern's no good, my stringing technique's no good---quite possible---or something else. I may try going back down to 27x29 using 2-piece bottom-up and see how long that lasts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be me.

I've also botched 2 jobs on the machine because the string snapped while I was trying to get a cross through a shared hole on the head side. Both times happened when I tried to make way with an awl.
    Never use an awl, especially at high tension. The string will snap most of the time because of heat from the highly tensioned strings. Even if it doesn't break you have weakened the string. Use the string mover. It is faster and safer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    So as long as the two inside supports don't give, there's technically no way the racquet can deform when stringing the crosses.
    Try to get two identical blank oval-shaped racquet-the Cab 30MS for example-and then use your Laserfiber machine to string the crosses from the top down at a high tension (say 32lbs), which is 10% higher than the tension used on the main strings. Compare the finished Cab 30MS with the blank Cab 30MS. You will be surprised.
    My humble badminton-only Easy-3 machine has no such problem.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be me. Let me know if you're serious. I'll send you my email address.
    Hi Quasi, please e-mail your info at: dan@dcautoparts.com thanks!

Yeah, I'm string breaker. Among the string breakers I know, I'm the worst as well. So I guess this string isn't for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never use an awl, especially at high tension. The string will snap most of the time because of heat from the highly tensioned strings. Even if it doesn't break you have weakened the string. Use the string mover. It is faster and safer.
    Agree, if I have to widen a shared hole, I use a narrow safety pin and make sure I do not hit the string. This always works well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My humble badminton-only Easy-3 machine has no such problem.
    My ST-200 is very good but hindsight is 20/20, I should have bought an Easy-3. The fixed clamp is very useful.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast