will they allow cameras?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by bloctete, Jul 14, 2005.

1. bloctete

bloctete Regular Member

i herd from people they arent allowing cameras or backpacks while watching

is this true?

2. iso300

iso300 Regular Member

I hope not. I plan to bring my camcorder along.
    I can see this rule being in effect for a rock concert or a hockey game since there may be copyright issues. But for badminton? Most Americans still don't know what it is. :confused:

3. bloctete

bloctete Regular Member

4. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    well they will not allow "professional" lenses in the facility. they have a 6 inch lens maximum for cameras

BUILDING POLICIES

• No video, audio or cameras with professional lenses (maximum 6 inches). The camera policy is subject to change depending on each show's individual policy.
    • No backpacks, briefcases, large bags, wrapped gifts, coolers, weapons or laser pointers.
    • Purses and diaper bags are permitted. Permitted bags will be searched.
    • There is no check-in area for any prohibited item.
    • All vehicles and patrons are subject to search upon entry into parking lots and building entrances.
    • No outside food or beverages. (The only exceptions are for medical reasons or baby food)
    • No alcohol in the parking lots.
    • No open flame barbecues in the parking lots.
    • Children 2 years of age and older must have a ticket for admittance.
    • Signs are allowed as long as they are not derogatory, obscene, do not block the view of other guests and are not attached to a pole. (Signs are not allowed at Mighty Ducks games). The sign policy is subject to change depending on each show's individual policy.
    • No strollers. The only exception is if the guest has a ticket to a suite. In that case, they must take the stroller through the SouthEast or NorthEast Club Entrance, fold up the stroller and carry it into the suite.
    • No Smoking. Guests who wish to leave the building and re-enter must receive a hand stamp at the North, South or East Pass Gate before going outside, and have their ticket in their possession.
    • Club Level guests who wish to leave the Club Level and then re-enter must receive a Club Level hand stamp and have their hole-punched ticket in their possession.
    • Guests must have a Suite or Club Seat ticket for admittance onto the Club Level. The only exceptions are special invitation parties & meetings, or valid passes. (Ex. Anaheim Club Pass, event specific pass, Glass Seat Holder pass w/ticket)

5. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    That REALLY sucks.

6. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Yes it does.It means that none of the BF'ers can post pics of the event:(.
    and honestly speaking the official website for the worlds is far from impressive,hopefully they will have a page For latest pics.

But then i guess security measures are important.we dont want our beloved players to get even so much of a scratch now do we?

7. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Offtopic

offtopic-
    I also wonder if we could just contact the people managing the official website and ask them about pics and live scoring.I could n't find an email there.[www.05worlds.com]

And the pics u get to see when u visit the homepage are weird.they should have pics of the current International players.i dont even know the players in those pics.nope,does n't leave a good impression.we should ask them about this too.
    So anyone knows what can be done?

8. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    I wrote to USA Badminton, sounds like video cameras are not allowed, but regular cameras are ok. no flash, of course.
    Indeed, the pictures they have up are of poor quality, and i think the pictures are from some US Open. come on, get with it arrowhead!

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    guess i'm staying home:(

10. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Maybe u could write to them on behalf of us all again and ask them to put up better pics as well as a web page for pics when the tournament starts and also ask about live scoring.

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What about the coaches then? I know of a couple of coaches that they always have their videocamera with them.

So is anyone going on day1 and/or 2 and bringing some kind of equipment (and willing to take a request :D )?

12. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Is binocular allowed in Arrowhead Pond ?

Does anyone know the answer ?

13. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
  14. iso300

iso300 Regular Member

anybody using camcorders?

OK now the event has taken place for a few days.

Just wondering if there are anyone using their video camcorders at the tournament site? I know the building rules prohibits it, but they might let it slip by? hehehe

Thanks for the info.

15. KoiCal

KoiCal Regular Member

The camcorders these days are very tiny (mini DV) and someone should be able hide them easily especially if he/she wears a baggy pants with big side pocket.;)

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, i have seen people bring in their own camcorders. But without the strict enforcement from the official and organizers, people won't stop bringing in their own camcorder. Heck, even some people are taking pics WITH FLASH!! during gameplay and there is no security who enforced the rule.. :rolleyes:

Also, as of today, people are still sitting in the lower 200 sections, as the entire area is only filled 60%-65% capacity..

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ctjcad, in one of your pics, i saw some security guard at the front door standing behind a table. it looks like some sort of security area where they check bags etc, is it? do they not enforce the building policy there?

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

that one i can't confirm..but i did see people bring in their own camcorders inside..i don't know how they were able to do it...
    even with them using and exposing the camcorders, i noticed the security and ushers inside who are actually able to see everything do not even enforce the policy..soooo...

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    maybe it is an insider job.

btw, ctjcad, read your PM...

20. azn_wrx

azn_wrx Regular Member

Are they allowing lens' longer then 6 inches?