two footed movement?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Valentino, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Valentino

Valentino Guest

i read the artical and im from europe and ive never heard of this new technique. anyone?

2. Don

Don Regular Member

maybe two step?

3. Valentino

Valentino Guest

no, read this:

The most important topic of the weekend was the "two-footed" movement, which combines quick jumps and shuffles (called "chassé") that are quicker than the smooth, running-style footwork most recently favored by the Europeans. Some western players have adopted this method, including Paul Erik Hoyer, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist, and Steve Butler himself, who attributes his international titles in part to this powerful footwork style. The main problem with this footwork is that it is not for everyone, because it requires extraordinary leg strength that must be developed through hours of training on a regular weekly schedule. I find it difficult to demonstrate because I lack the muscles needed for the even the training exercises!

4. Don

Don Regular Member

Okay, I know what you're talking about... It's sort of a two step movement that inovlves a hop and a shuffle or is it the other way around. It does require a lot of leg strength, but movement is much quicker. Lets see.. it's a hop with the left and a shuffle lead in with the right. It takes a bit of practice to actually do it right.

5. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    a split step is also a 2-footed movement