Mississauga Summer weekly badminton

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Renkinjutsushi, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Renkinjutsushi

Renkinjutsushi Regular Member

hi, i'm looking for some advanced beginners to intermediate players to play badminton in Mississauga. we play each saturday at Huron Park Recreational Centre (near Dundas and Mavis). it's 2 hours selected within 2- 5 pm (to suit the majority), this week (Saturday July 16, 2005) is from 2 - 4 pm unless i happen to be suddenly unable to book the time slot. i usually book the gym 5 days before the event, but i'm lacking people. anyways, the cost for the gym is $62/hour, so it's $124 for 2 hours. cost for each person is therefore 6 to eight dollars for the 2 hours. at Huron Park RC, there's 4 courts, so 16 - 20 people is pretty decent i guess.

post here or pm me if you're interested or if you have any questions. (i guess posting would keep the thread active for passerbys to notice.)

Thanks,
    Vince

2. mizu25

mizu25 Regular Member

I sent you a pm.

3. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    I'm interested. The only thing I hate about Huron is the damn windows!
    The freaking sunlight blinds you!

4. Renkinjutsushi

yeah, the windows..... i hate that too, i asked my other friends who participated last week if they wanted to switch locations to Frank McKechnie, but no one replied me.... so uh.... btw, i only have about 13 or 14 people coming right now (for sure), so you're more than welcome to bring a few friends. i need a confirmation if you're coming or not though (since you said you're 'interested' :) ), anyways, thanks for replying :D i was worried that since there were almost no replies, taht this thread would quickly drop out of the 'NewsFeeder' section.

ttyl,
    Vince

5. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

I might drop by sometime too :D

6. Renkinjutsushi

yo ploppers, you DO know who i am right?

anyways, if you know, you should remember that i asked for 'advanced beginners to intermediate', and not 'advanced' :p
    you CAN come if you want, but the player NEAR your level of play is Jackson.

7. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    go play at frank mckenchie!..
    Then I'll come!.

8. Renkinjutsushi

welll uh.... firstly.... i've stopped planning this saturday badminton now due to inconsistent attendance of quite a few people, and i need a minimum of 16 participants, where only half of them are consistent participants.....

secondly, i was already looking into Frank McKechnie, but i doubt (meanign haven't really asked yet) that times can be booked easily because it's such a business place.

9. jusongchen

jusongchen New Member

playing badminton in Mississauga

Hi

I am a newcomer to Mississauga, living close to Huron Park commummitry centre.

Are you still palying at the community Center? Any chance for me to join you? I have played in an Irish Club for two years when I stayed in Ireland.

It would be appreciated if you can email me at jusong.chen@gmail.com

All the Best,

Jusong

10. river

river New Member

Hi there,
    I'm quite interested, any luck with the Frank Mckechnie?
    Can I join your guys if possible?

11. Renkinjutsushi

i did this thing last year, and if you read the posts, i had a major lack of attendance and people who did come had to pay more than expected. this year... i'm not sure if i'm gonna do it, because huron park has the most courts (four) while frank mckechnie has three (if i remember correctly), but it seems FM is more accessible =\ also, i'm going into university this year, so i might be busy with moving and planning and stuff. i'll see. thanks for replying though, even though my thread is so old ^_^"

12. river

river New Member

That's fine, just give a shout if there's a chance again,
    Thanks and good luck !

13. Archangel

Archangel Regular Member

you should try gettin the school gyms,
    most schools have 6-9 courts available, however the lighting may not be as good

14. Renkinjutsushi

i've thought about that, but i'd have to book the gym for the entire school year. and i dont know who to contact to rent school gyms, but i know quite a few adults who do book them. and again, i'm not here next year =\

15. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

Let's organize and get some court times in the Summer

I canfind at least 4 good players - advanced level - to join if we can find 14 people and book the court time in Huran Park this Summer. Let's organize this.

16. Renkinjutsushi

Keevin? What school are you from? Unfortunately I'm in university and have school in the summer =\ (no school for me january - april)

if you're really interested, i can find someone else (or maybe you) can organize this. But I had difficulty to get enough people to go. it started out everyon paid $5 each, then lack of players reached $7 per person, then the last time was around $10 per person, but I had them pay only 5 or 7 and i subsidized the rest and stopped booking it. It's really expensive to book the gym and find enough people to go and pay a decent amount.

17. Keevin

Keevin Regular Member

Let's coordinate

Vince,

I would like to join your badminton play.

I started a new post today looking for best badminton courts opnions. If Huron Park is one of the best that we can get, I will join you or alternatively, we can start in a new gym for a better court. I can get at least two other very good players to join us.

I wnat to start playing in mid-Summer until late August.

Let's discuss this further.

Keevin

18. Renkinjutsushi

Like I said, I'm at university this summer so I can't play. You're going to have to find some other people to help organize. The least I can do is refer my friends to join your badminton thing. What school are you from?