go clean up your gym.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Jan 8, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    after an afternoon sweating out in a badminton gym, what do you do? do you just pack up your junk into your bag and then go home?

i recently started attending a class and for it, we need ok condition shuttles for training purpose. so i started going around the gym at the end of the day to look for these shuttles.

well, the past weekend, to my surprise, i picked up 3 brand new, unused birdies!! totally untouched.

so next time, at the end of the day, stay around, and look for some freebies! :)

2. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

I thought

People just stole shuttles from tournaments because people change shuttles then far more than strictly neccessary, or maybe that's just in the Australian context where shuttles are, in general, provided. It probably wouldn't be the case in otherplaces where you have to buy, or provide your own shuttles.

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I always do this. I usually end up with a 10-12 shuttles, some unused, some just a bit worn... perfect for drills.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

In India

This is the First Thing that U would have learnt if u were Indian! Plp Just swep the floor for shuttles! The use it fro multishuttles, Shuttle running, shuttle pickingadn sometimes games too.

a Box of AS 50 costs abt 575Rs. I can get a Cab 20 Tour Special for 1900RS! So that is damn expensive!

Most Plp are not so Priveledged enough to buy a NeW Box every 4 days If i Train at both Times of the day!

As to stealing rackets and other stuff it is so common! Plp just lose Their kit bags! Rackets are the most common things to steal and the easiest pickings are the Under 13 kids who have good standard rackets like Cab 21SP and then they just lose it because they woudl have been running arnd with their freinds In a tournament! The kids at my club each time lose some racket or the other!

5. Valentino

Valentino Guest

Re: In India

ya always have your bags in sight and if u play, have someone watch it for you!
    as for picking up birdies, i think most people do it, at tournaments especially! i already have alot!

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Good suggestion.
    It would save me the embarrassment of being caught at the back of the club, picking shuttles out of the dumpster by cooler!!! :lol:

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I got a different problem. The shuttles are always picked up by other people first. :(

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    reminds me of some old Garfield comic strip.

"hey! this is *my* trashcan!"

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yeah, you're right cheung, that other person is alway kelvin :( He seems very quick on his feet on the way to the dumpster, beats me there everytime.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you mean, Kelvin has superior footwork than you? or just the timing is better?

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: In India

regarding stealing:

that is terrible. i'd hate to have to keep an eye on my racket bag when i am trying to concentrate on a game. or even worse, getting ready to start a match and realized my rackets are gone!

so what do you do? do you only bring one racket with you and then keep it with you all the time?

how about in other countries? what are other people's experience?

in the US it is pretty good. most people are honest and only rarely do we hear that rackets get stolen. i always leave my bag lying around without any problems.

12. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

I've only lost one racquet

That was at a tournament, and it was only a Cab 15 SP.

Happily it did finally make me switch from classic to ISO, so it wasn't all bad.

But yeah, I usually just leave my stuff lying around.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Let me say this, he has more off-court moves than I could imagine.

14. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    At the gym where our club plays, I and my wife are typically the last to leave. Probably because we want to get as much play in as possible. Anyway, I often find good shuttles as I pick up the used ones. Also there is at least one forgotten article left every week: towel, t-shirt, scissors, tube of shuttles. We always pick up these things and bring them the next time we meet to play. Funny thing, though: some players have small children who bring toys to play with on the sidelines and not one of these kids has ever forgotten any of the stuff they brought.