Grommet size for Yonex Carbonex ED?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by empee, Jul 15, 2005.

1. empee

empee Regular Member

I have a pair of racket which says Yonex Carbonex ED, 2U-G2, and plan to restring them. But I need new grommets and dont know what is the grommet size for the racket. From Hi Qua homepage, I found that they're selling 4 different grommet size. Anyone knows what size do I need or do I need all 4 of them ? Thanks.

-Empee-

#1 empee, Jul 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  2. Dawnmoon

Dawnmoon Regular Member

:eek: Which part of racquet grommet you want to replace? Near the racquet head(Top)? Near the bottom (Near T joint)? Any grommet meet a knot?

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I will suggest you to buy a bag of assorted groments. You will get a right one for sure.

Kwun, you can edit this after you are done.
    Why is it name ED? Is the racquet extra soft? Does it need a blue pill to make it stiff? :D

#3 silentheart, Jul 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  4. empee

empee Regular Member

@Dawnmoon: I need to replace some of the grommets near the Top and also some near the T joint.

@silentheart: Hi Qua doesnt sell a bag of assorted groments, else I would get it as you recommanded. I have searched on the Internet for some info for the Carbonex ED, and couldnt find anything. Must be an European Edition, made in DK (Denmark) for us Polarbears in the north :)

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry for the bad joke. Can you take it to a stringer and ask if they have some grommets you can buy off them. Some place might replace the bad ones for free if you buy string from them. Have a nice weekend.

6. empee

empee Regular Member

No need to say sorry, I know that was a joke, it aint that bad :)

Let us see if Kwun can find out some info on this racket. Have a nice weekend you too