*Humour* Danish Shuttlers Treated by Choong Tan Fook

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by KourKK, Jul 16, 2005.

1. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

Tan Fook throws durian party, Danes suffer

KUALA LUMPUR: National doubles shuttler Choong Tan Fook brought loads of durian as a treat for his teammates at the Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara here yesterday. And three Denmark players were left scrambling for fresh air.

Danish men singles players Leth Jens-Kristian, Peter Mikkelsen and Joachim Persson have been training and sparring with the national players since the recent Malaysian Open badminton championships.

“It's so smelly,” said Jens-Kristian. Besides the durian “exposure,” the training stint in Malaysia has also been a whole new experience for them.

“We trained with both Misbun (Sidek) and Li Mao. Both their training styles are different. Misbun spends a longer time – even more than four hours in a session with the players. In Denmark, we only train two hours a session,” said Jens-Kristian.

“It is very humid here and we sweat a lot. We have to drink a lot of water. It has been a good experience and we certainly learnt a lot.

“In Denmark, soccer gets the most attention and even Kenneth (Jonassen)'s win at the last year's Singapore Open got little coverage back home. Badminton certainly gets a lot of attention here,” added the lanky Dane, who will leave for Denmark on Tuesday.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  3. bad_aim

bad_aim Regular Member

Durian really stinks!

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wait till you taste it. Then you'll give a different verdict! They don't call it the "King of All Fruits" for nothing! :p

5. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    I second that! hehe.. :D yummy..

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You are a connoisseur! But where do you get the durian from Australia, Victoria? Unlikely!

But if they do sell in the aircon supermarts, they'll sure drive away many customers! :D And then you'll have all the time in the world to pick your choice! ;)

Btw, the prickly spikes on the durian skin and its 'fragrant' smell are sure to frighten away any prospective and unwanted customer. Which leaves only the durian fan like you and me behind to enjoy the fruits of our labour! :)

7. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    Loh.. we DO have durian here in Australia. We have them grown in Darwin and shipped throughout the country. Durian is also grown in Queensland.

FYI.. Australia is a multicultural diverse nation. We've got the 2nd largest Greek population in a single city outside of Greece here in Melbourne (2nd to Athens). And the asian population isn't small either.. let me tell you.. you'd be surprised.. ;)

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh yes, I've been to the Gold Coast more often than the other eastern cities like Melbourne (only once). They do have equatorial type climate in the GC and I've taken a trip to the tropical rain forest. And yes, Darwin, which I've never been to but heard from friends who had, certainly has as close a climate as ours since it is nearer the equator!

But how does the mainstream take to this spiky fruit? ;)

9. *GaDe~CaMiLlA*

*GaDe~CaMiLlA* Regular Member

Student, Multimedia Designer
    wow~~~Durian my favourite fruit!!!!!!!!! :D

10. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

lol

even here in united states we can find durian
    even though i live in small city

only 50k population
    it's imported from bangkok, thailand
    some of the asian food stores here carry it