Tactics for Singles

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by some_one_help, Jul 17, 2005.

1. some_one_help

some_one_help Regular Member

student
    Hey every one,

Can anyone share with us some tactics you use when your playing a singles match? Such as four corners n others. And probably some awesome strokes that may make a singles player win. Please share with us. :)

2. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    Check out the Articles section. It's at the left side of this page. ;)

3. theasiandude88

theasiandude88 Regular Member

student YAY!!!
    one really good one is to go for a net and follow the bird down a little, then just flick it up and far. very deceptive.

best tactics i believe is 4 corners, clears and drops to run the opponent. footwork is very important, smash is used mainly when your opponent makes a mistake such as a half-clear.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    singles.

if you can do deceptive back hand cross court drop or drive will be good.
    rgds:D
    or forhand slice to the front from the back.

5. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

Im a singles player currently. So maybe i can help you. the thing in singles you need to know is you need to have the stamina, accuracy and footwork. These are the 3 main things you need to master in order you want to be a good singles player. Starting in the game, you find out what type is your opponent. You have to find out his strong points and weak points. So in order to do that, you should play safe shots in the beginning 0-5 points. After finding out what are the strong and weak points, you should set up a strategy on how to attack his weak point and avoid his strong point. That is the general idea and ways.

If in my own way, i always love to play an offensive and fast game because fast game in 1 of my strong point. Of course if you want to play an offensive game, your game at the net should be also good. And im okay with my net game. Most of the singles player are weak in defending a powerful and angle smash. in the 1st 0-5 points, i will play slow game with my opponent. like serving high, playing all the safe shots. The objective of this slow game i play is to find out my opponent's game type and to move him around so he can feel a bit pressure and i also can have warm up from the slow game. After i can gain some confident and warm up's from the slow rally, i will start my attacking game slowly. I will start doing my fast dropshot, attacking clear and some safe smashing. While im using my safe attacking shots, i will gain more confident to do more attacking shots. So I will just attack and attack my opponent. Of course if i am not gaining points for this tactic, i have to use another tactic.

anyway...thats all i can say, i hope it can help you.........

6. Rascak_23

Rascak_23 Regular Member

medical student
    Apa khabar!

Im having a problem with angle smash. Whats the proper stroke when perfroming this maneuver? Help

7. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    As a singles player, I believe that netplay is very important. I was always beaten by people above my level due to my poor netplay... :crying:

8. checkthemc

checkthemc Regular Member

None/Student
    yeah, i heard the game is either won or lost at the net.

9. Darma Sucipto

ohh...angle smash is a sharp and accurate shot at the side of the court. To perform an angle smash, you have to practice it oftenly. Firstly, you need to make your smash sharp first. You dont have to worry about the power of the smash now because your focus now is to make your smash sharp. After your smash is sharp, you have try to smash to the sides. you have to practise smashing no matter in what position, you have to make a smash which is sharp and to the side ( no matter left or right). After you can smash sharply and accurately to the sides, you can now train to increase the power of your smash.

Conclusion:

1. Practise your smash to become sharp first
    2. After sharpening your smash, try to smash to the sides
    3. After you have a sharp and side smash, train your power so you can make a sharp, side and powerful smash. That is what you call an angle smash..

I hope you get what i mean :)

10. Darma Sucipto

Yeap...net game is very important in singles. Quite many of begineers singles player are very weak at their net game.