high altitude feather shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by cooler, Jul 17, 2005.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I remember that there is a province or city in china that its team train with specially made high altitude feather shuttle. Can anyone remember which province or city is this and if maybe also tell us what speed they use?

2. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi Cooler,

Just seen your answer on the Sosan website while trying to figure out what speed of feathered friends to use in the UK (anyone with opinions please join in!) :

"Shuttle speeds are ideal for different parts of the world. For example, shuttles with Speed 76 are used in China during the summer and 77 during the winter months. We send the shuttles with Speed 75 to Thailand, Speed 76 ,77 to Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia, Speed 77, 78 to U.S.A., Speed 78,79 to Finland, Canada, Korea and Japan. Speed 79, 80 to Australia in winter. Speed 73-74 would only be played in high altitude area as Yunnan Province in China and Colorado Springs in U.S.A. ; high temperature area as Johannesburg in South Africa."

John

3. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hiya jon, we use 78's, and occasionally (especially during this hot summer) 77's..

people that play with the 73 / 74's must get uber-fit - all that high altitude training - imagine their endurance when they came back down with the rest of us :)

what a great idea...

4. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I ended up with the equivalent of 74 from Hi-qua ( they call them 48s) - during summer months you can take them right out of the tube and play without tipping the feathers.

In winter, they be a tad slow.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that is good find j_e_thompson, exactly what i'm was looking for. Thx.

ViningWolff, that is a good feedback. So i would say for calgary, 74 for summer or hot gym, and 75 in winter or inside a cold gym