Learning too slow

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Swiral, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Swiral

Swiral Regular Member

I have been playing for 8 months and saw progress but i dont seem to understand why i have been playing the same amount as certain people but cant seem to keep up with them it was all of the sudden they seemed so much better, on levels of people playing for 3 years so can someone give me some tips like training/technique/boosting footwork and other stuff like that/and positioning too thank you

2. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Some people learn slower than others. It's true. Some people learn things real quick while others learn in time. Nothing wrong. Just give it some time. Practice with drills and you'll be fine. If you keep thinking how others are imrpoving faster than you, you'll slow down for sure.

3. i_two_net

i_two_net Regular Member

IMO, the only way to make significant progress over a short period is to get professional coaching. You you intend to take up badminton long term, I believe it is well worth the investment.

4. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    But here's the thing too, some people don't have good control over thier bodies, therefore it's hard to learn any sport, futhermore anyone can hit the birdie but to hit it well is an understanding you have learn for yourself

5. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    everyone is different ;) different levels of strength, fitness and co-ordination.
    Some people are naturally gifted and others have to aquire the gift to play!!
    Keep training hard and dont worry if others around you progress faster. If you want to get stronger you can! keep motivated and dont let anything get in your way!

6. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

first - since uve only been playing for 8 months, i assume ur a beginner. believe it or not, u might be easier to teach or learn compare to some ppl thats been playing for years with 'incorrect' basic techniques.

if i were u - get a proper coaching on the very basic technique. gripping the racket, swingging, footwork movement, etc2. your coach should be able to tell u whats wrong with ur basic techniques, then train and train and train and so on. theres only so much shortcut u can take.

then play with those who are better than you. look for different groups etc2. make notes of the game ie what kind of shots u usually missed, what to improve, etc. ull be better in time. keep it fun =)

7. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    it took me ages before I saw good improvement. I had to get constant coaching just improve beyond a total noob. In contrast, one of my friends didn't get any coaching, started just after me and passed me quite fast until I got coaching a year or so later.

It's just different people learning things differently. As long as you put in the hard work, and maybe get some good advice, you should be able to improve. Remember, perfect practice makes perfect. Don't just keep running into the same wall time after time ;)

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    3 year old thread:)

However, it still applies

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well said....... ;)

10. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    wow...I didn't even notice lol. Holy thread necro :eek:

11. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    since it's too old, I suppose just throw out your opinion on Why this person can't improve fast like other.
    Simple, different person.
    Like other said.
    I do believe that it's really depend on your talent, I guess we called it natural thingie lol. yea natural thingie.
    I hope you understand.
    Example: Let's say me, I suck, I don't have talent, I started to play badminton in junior year HS. In one month, I suppose i'm at a level of clearing, smashing, dropping. + knowledge of where to put the bird in which situation.
    And then couple months later, those stuffs effeciency increases about double or watever. And I'll guess my level at close to top D group.
    2nd year built up some muscle and do great with backhand. backhand smash, and all those factor. So let say I increased up to average C lvl. And I just stuck at that level for I don't care 3 years later still?
    Why? because different people different top peak, and I suppose my top peak is at average of C level.
    And If i really want to get higher, consistently practice and train to get better LITTLE by LITTLE.

And No i'm not saying that person top peak is set to be that low.
    To able to achieve to your top peak fast, you really need into it. Not just like oh whatever and you'll be at your top peak in short period of time without any training or practicing.

And the story line up there is totally lie =). I don't think i'm at average C, maybe top D only, i'm just giving out that time line.

But I do believe a person can reach their top peak within half a year if they really into.

12. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    If above posted is too damn long, don't read it, it's not important. If you actually read it, then don't complain, too long and too confusing. I'm not a professional writer. i'm just a guy who have free time and can't sleep and like to write and read to kill time.
    thank you