Where to buy good feather shuttles?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by funnytalker, Jul 20, 2005.

1. funnytalker

funnytalker Regular Member

Certainly at low price. The shuttles in US are quite expensive, always around 12 dollars per tube or more. That's why most people playing in my area only buy nylon Yonex shuttles. But I'm really get tired of playing these birdies. Does anyone have experience of buying overseas? I think in places such as China, India, Indonesia or Malaysia where badminton is popular may have some decent shuttles at much lower price.

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Badminton Alley currently have some sale on selected feather shuttles at below $10.00/tube.

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I've tried buying shuttles from overseas and, in the end, they're really not that much cheaper than buying them here. The shipping cost practically doubles the final cost. If you've got your buddies bring them back for you, then handling the bulk of the tubes themselves become a hassle.

There are a few things you can do to lower the cost when you buy locally. Buying them in a large quantity is one. I think shuttles come shipped from manufacturers in 25 or 50 tubes per box. If you buy in those quantities, some retailers will give you a good discount. Though, I know Badminton Alley give discounts for smaller quantities as well.

HTH.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Unless u have some special connections or buy in quite large quatity (25+), then, there's almost no deal in US can give u a cheap but still good deal. Whatever u pay, is whatever u will get.

One thing annoying me a bit is, i get several online purchases, the store decided to modify the goods (i.e. change string color, change shuttle speed, etc) base on whatever they feel comfortable, WITHOUT letting me know 1st. Usually, such change is acceptable to me regarding to quality, but I feel such action is very un-professional and disrespect. :(

5. mtk2

mtk2 Regular Member

Business
    hi,

i am in india. i don't feel we get shuttles any cheaper here.
    Eg: Yonex AS-2 (1 doz tube) sells for about INR 500 to 600 (USD 10 to 13)

6. Glacier5000

Glacier5000 Regular Member

Cheapest place has always been, and always will be the major producing country, China. On a 25-50 tube order, you can get an IBF approved grade shuttle like the Victor Champion for under $14 USD, or 1 grade lower like the Victor Tournament (Official Shuttle of the Ontario Badminton Association) for $12 USD.

If you're buying small quantities, the guy organizing a club usually will go about the same route in terms of ordering. You may be able to buy small quantities off of him.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    12 USD+ ? that's still cheaper than here.
    here, it's 14.5 USD and up, and less selection because it's hard to get the correct speed (74) so our sources are very very limited. If anyone know a source in china that can supply shuttles with 74 ( or 4.7) speed, let me know. Order for shuttles with right speed and price will be hundreds of dozen and the first digit isnt a 1.