carbonex or Ti-10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by strid3rx, Jul 20, 2005.

1. strid3rx

strid3rx Regular Member

post your opions please. I heard that Ti-10 is a really good racquet lots of power, but the down side is that its very frail. crack easy even without collision.

Carbonex 30 muscle is the oval head and good for single offensive play

wut do u think those racquet, please rate both racquet out of 10 so I have some sort of idead :p

2. Daylightkiller

Daylightkiller Regular Member

Student
    haven't used the cab but i've used the ti-10 and i would probably rate it 8 to 9 out of ten, because of the string i have on it isn't too good, but still a very good raquet

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Actually, Ti-10 like all Yonex racquets shouldn't crack without collision. If it did, I think that it was a case of bad string job.

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Ti-10 isn't really that frail. You must be thinking of the Slim 10. I own a ti-10 and i've abused it, i'm surprised it hasn't broken by now. I've tossed it on the ground on purpose, with no intention to break it but just to toss it around. I've done that so many times on hard flooring and i've hit the frame a numerous amount of times. I've only clashed once with it which happened during the first year i owned the racquet. The racquet is still in pretty good shape considering the abuse it's been through.

5. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    IMHO, Ti-10 is very durable compared to other Yonex racquet, but there again it depends on many factors...

Ti-10 shouldn't have durability issues, I think you are mixing up with Slim-10 like Joseph said.

6. aznphi1osopher

aznphi1osopher Regular Member

uh .. i broke my ti-10 after 4-5 months of playing. Then again i play about 4 days a week for.. 9-10 hours each day on C and B level games. So im not sure... but.... lets hope my new NS8K wouldnt be as fragile. I love the ti-10, and im so glad the NS8k is simliar to the ti-10 but lighter and more power. I have found my new love of racket.

7. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Yeah Ti-10 is definitely one of the best so get it. Go for the Cab30MS if you do not have enough funds.

8. strid3rx

strid3rx Regular Member

oh I have enough funds alright lol :)

9. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

My second hand Ti-10 seems to have no problems.
    My coach, though, has broken many, but he strings at 30lb tension.

10. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    i think ti10 is a robust racket. I have major and minor clashes throughout the past two months. Somehow it survived those nasty clashes. Yeah it's a really powerful racket but make sure you hit it right!

11. waveteczeus

waveteczeus Regular Member

My father says that my ti 10 felt like his old carbonex 15 that broke. It doesn't seem to be frail , already had a few nasty clashes with a really unaware teammate( he even body slammed me once) any way only used carbonex 10 and ti 10 and they feel different. The cab feels lighter and faster while the ti 10 feels more comfortable and powerful for me.

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i only have the 3rd gen Ti10 and it feels like i'm playing with a carbonex, very solid. i strung the Ti10 at 24lbs and any carbonex at 22lbs so i don't have any problems with the racket breaking because of string pressure. it is a bit harder to play with carbonex rackets because of the oval frame but it feels a lot better when you actually hit it right on the sweetspot, you will know you just "connected".
    i'm a person who gets bored of things really easily and that's the only reason why i switch from one racket to another, if there were more carbonex rackets i'd get them all since i do love the feel of an oval frame racket :)