Blackknight rapier pro vs. rapier be

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blahblah, Jul 21, 2005.

1. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

Hey, i have done a search on this but havent found anything. (please direct me to the post if im wrong). I was wondering if there was any difference between the rapier pro and the rapier be. I could get the rapier pro for 80$ (CDN) or the rapier be for 120$(CDN). Is it worth the extra 40$ for the rapier be. Or would i just be paying for a different colour scheme? Thanx in advance.

#1 blahblah, Jul 21, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  2. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

wow, my threads dont get very many responses. lol. someones got have have some idea, i think:confused: . anyways any help would help. thanx

3. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

my friend has a rapier be...he has it for a yr i think and this yr..he's doubles A champion of Toronto West for TDSB...he played with this racket since the beggining of the season wif bg-65 to about 20lb-21lb (if this helps)....anyways...enuf bragging ;P ....i have a black knight 703 carbo knight and when i use his racket....mine seems...lets just say i play better wif his racket....i think its head light so gud for def...but the power on that thing is amazing...about 2-3 times faster when i smash wif it than when i smash wif my carbo knight...and a friend who has a yonex armortec 700 smashes better wif this rapier be...he's planning to buy the rapeir be too...so all in all...its amazing...and i'm not too sure about the other racket tho...havent tried it b4

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

theres minor differences. but insignificant.
    if its 40 dollars cheaper, just get the rapier pro. i certainly wouldn't be bothered.
    i'd rather buy two rapier pro's than just one rapier be.

5. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

hey chickenpoodle, do you happen to know what these "minor differences" are. Or does anybody else? I might send an email to BlackKnight regarding this because they'll know the straight facts. But they might want that extra 40$ so they might just rave about the rapier be. :rolleyes: :p anyways, any more personal experience/knowledge will be appreciated.

6. valourarc

valourarc Regular Member

Professional
    Where can you still get the Rapier Pro?! I've been looking to get another one.

I have 2 of them and I prefer them over the Rapier BE. The Rapier Pro is the older model and has better balance whereas the Rapier BE seems to have a slightly heavier head. Both are good racquets.

BK will probably just tell you that both racquets are the same except the BE is better because it's newer =P

7. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

hey valourarc, im not to sure where u can get them, but im getting mine from dominic soong who is preatty much sponsered by blackknight, he can order almost any racket u want from BK. The rapier be might suit me better though because its head heavy because i lack some power, but it might just be that i havent perfected my technique yet so i might still be better off with the rapier pro. Anyways thanx for ur input and good luck findin ur rapier pro!

8. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

it should be notable that dominic soong's signature will be found on the shaft of the rapier!

9. valourarc

valourarc Regular Member

Professional
    Cool.. didn't know Dominic could still get the Rapier Pro. Will have to ask him about it. Thanks blahblah!

10. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

Well at least i think he can still get it. Because janet still had one in her racket bag (with the "for sale" rackets) but i dont know if it was just an old one that hasnt sold for a REALLY long time. And yes the Rapier be has dominic soongs signature but its "photocopied". The rapier be was actually "designed" by dominic so thats preatty cool. I still cant make up my mind though but i dont have a "deadline" so i can take my time deciding. And im sure more ppl will reply to this post (hopefully) and that'll prob help me out.

11. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

any negative feedback about the rapier??