Taufik confirmed!!

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by Yudhi, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Taufik Hidayat is confirm of going to Singapore to play :(
    After all he will still play for Thomas Cup.

2. Valentino

Valentino Guest

ya i heard it too!
    the indonesian badminton association is not good, players are leaving, they have to change their thinking

3. Indo

Indo Guest

Singapore is at it again. Maybe we should singthe Indonesian National anthem if Singapre wins the Thomas Cup...hahahaha

4. Valentino

Valentino Guest

ya! hahaha

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

That may become a reality in about 5 years.

Recently the top malaysian juniors were clobbered

by their Indonesian born Singaporean counterparts

in a team tournament for schoolboys in Singapore.

Something previously unheard off.

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

what I am surprised is when Gade said he is welcome to play with denmark why did Taufik refuse! Man it would have been Great to be with peter and then There would haev been such wonderful matches and tournaments!

Who is Taufik going to practise with! Whatever said and done there is so much talent in INDo that he will keep meeting New talents! I doubt that would happen with singapore!

i am very sure that he does not have a good partner or players to play agst1

I suppose denmark would have been the bets choice as peter is there!

7. AS

AS Guest

Would have been great if Taufik and Peter Gade paired up to play Doubles 2gether, that would be very entertaining, in my opinion any way.

Also i dont know much about the background to the Indonesian Badminton Federation, but by the looks of things they have got some real sorting out and fast and effective thinking to do, if they dont want to undo decades of hard work work in establishing themselves as the leading Nation in Badminton

Just hope they can put a stop to these internal problems.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Taufik joining Singapore is the most logical thing for him to do. after all, Singapore has his coach Mulyo, whom Taufik said is the only person in the planet who knows him. Singapore does have a couple of other decent singles players imported from Indonesia, Taufik will have little problem with sparring partners.

and then Singapore is close to home, and he shouldn't have too much of a cultural/language problem there as Singapore has such a rich mix of culture.

and besides, Singapore has awesome chicken rice.

there was actually rumors that the US is trying to lure Taufik in. the possibility for such a move for Taufik is far fetched, but not entirely impossible.

we wish Taufik good luck in his new home.

and gosh, maybe now Singapore will have a chance in the TC!!

9. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

see Straits Times article:
    http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/0,1870,96137,00.html?

10. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Man, now what if taufik wins a tournament under SG colours......

"SINGAPORE wins gold" blah blah blah......

this is what i hate about the media here.......

Oh well, but i support him for his decision...... Besides i mean his coach is here so its the most logical thing to do.

Hey, my fellow Singaporeans! Maybe we'll Taufik walking around on Orchard rd 1 day..... hehehe :p

11. Andy

Andy Guest

Yogi

Why would Taufik go to Denmark and be shadowed by Gade's presence when he can go to Singapore and being worship by everyone!

12. SJUT

SJUT Guest

I agree with you,Byro.
    When Singapore wins TC one day,the media will start to comment like:
    "Singapore had conquered TC,S'pore is The best,etc etc"
    Why don't they feel shy if they won it by the help of foreigners??

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If the person takes up that country's colours, they are a citizen. Wouldn't you be pleased if a citizen of your country won a major event? Even if they did spend a major proportion of their life in another country, would you discriminate against them???

14. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Andy

Taufik is 19! Gade is 25! Gade with knee injury and old age catching might just be arnd for a couple of more yrs!

Even though Taufik has his mentor and coach at Sg i am very sure that Taufik will not Find anybody who can actually improve his game! I stronlgy believe that Only by match practise and training can u improve! Taufik is young and talented it is upto the coach and situation to make a Very great player out of him!

I think He can never achieve that with the present set up in Sg! Gade has won 20Grandprix's If iam right! So i guess whatever said and done it is like Dennis Rodman keeping Quiet when MJ is arnd!

It will be a classic case of someone likeRicahrd branson landing up in harvard to do an MBA and Then will actually end up receiveing nothing but giving everything that he Knows! In Sg there is no Take for Taufik! There is only one way! He has to give away all his Knowledge abt Baddy to others adn can never take anything from them!

I think Taufik has enough Ego already! I guess it woudl be better for him to bury it a Little bit and then go on to make a better player! as of now Tauik is not playing the 7 point system well either! I think It will def be better for him if he prac with Gader! I think Only gader from the old school has made the transition well enough!

I guess It will def be better for Taufik if he Joins denmark! This is Just my opinion! If i did not perceive ur angle or if i am missing a point pls point it out to me mate!

Thanks!

15. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Mate!

All u guys out there! Then USA should never talk abt any sport except hunting which the Red INDIANS did well! Nobody is a native of america except Red INDIANS!

USA claims Each yr that they are the world champions in Baseball! They say Ny Yankees are the best! but how come the get clobbered by CUBA!

Very few nations in The world have their own plp! If a religion can spread why not plp! I dont see anything wrong! everybody will looks out for greener pastures!

I guess if all of us step into the shoes of a International player we will understand it!

16. John

John Guest

Re: Mate!

More important is whether the leopard can change its spots. Let's see how happy Taufik will be and for how long. Oh - and he can't be still 19 surely after more than 3 years since he first made the limelight at 18 ? John

17. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Hi Kwun,

Yup, chicken rice here is rather good. But guess most of us here are so used to having it, we are very much de-sensitized to its virtues as a dish.

Because, its a very common dish that can be bought at most of the food centres in Singapore.

There are some food which is a fusion of the traditonal dishes of the races found here and not found anywhere else. Like Chilli Crab and Nonya Kueh. Even stuff like Goreng Pisang ( Bananas fried in batter ) is pretty unique.

Ok, back to Taufik.

Its actually just a few short hours flight between Singapore and Indonesia. Depending on which part you go to. Hence, its a logical step for him.

Also, the climate is almost identical except if you are in the highlands of Indonesia. The food is also very, very similar hence, he would blend in without any problems. Language wise, there are plenty of Indonesians or for that matter Bahasa Indonesia or malay speaking people around. Which I think is very important if you wan to adapt in fast.

Its a very sensible step for him. Just that it still remains to be seen how bast can the SBA make of his substantial talents.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

is taufik still sponsored by yonex?

19. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer

Yes he is as far as his last appearance has indicated.