tournament preparation: what should i do

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by xyzbadmin, Jul 23, 2005.

1. xyzbadmin

xyzbadmin Regular Member

well i got this tournament coming up...im not really that ready....in single i play a player before....but since i havnt play for 3 months....i pick to play c level...but i still dont have much confident....i been training my butt off in tae kwondo.....but shud i take a break and start practicing badminton before the tourney start....will one week get me back??? man...i dont know

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Probably too late for that tournament. Just play for fun and experience. I think most pros train on an ongoing basis or at least have several months' time to prep for a major tournament. What you plan to do is like cramming before your finals... it doesn't work as well and it adds to your anxiety.

3. loverush

loverush Regular Member

Well, it wouldn't hurt to brush up on your badminton since you said you havn't played in 3 months :eek:!
    I was wondering why you would sign up for a tourny in the first place when you havn't been playing and are so busy with tae kwon do?

4. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    Taekwondo's really good for the leg excercises. In my opinion, you should probably go there for the sake of experience of course and not to take winning seriously.

5. xyzbadmin

xyzbadmin Regular Member

yea..my friend ask me to play with him....so cant really say no cuz he is a pretty good, but yea i guess ill just play everyday for 5 hrs....hahah hope that will help me out