Upgrade from MP-33?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by RealMad, Jul 23, 2005.

1. RealMad

RealMad Regular Member

Recently I've been feeling that my MP33 has taken me as far as it'll get me. It's starting to feel light in my hands and that it's not keeping up with my best performances. That plus the fact that my girlfriend wants it is leading me to look for a new racket.

Any suggestions on what an upgrade would be? I'm not opposed to an expensive racket but I can't really find friends who have the high-end Yonex rackets so that I can give them a try first. I did play with the Armortech 500 and that felt horrible.

I'm basically a doubles player with good smash, drive, clear and defense. My net play needs work. My swing is wristy but I still use a lot of torso rotation owing to years of playing tennis.

Thanks.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    mp100, ns8000, cab22

3. J_M_V

J_M_V Regular Member

Sales
    I'd say AT800OF. Many people have commented positively AT800DE too, but I've found the OF version better (=more smashing power, about the same return & net feel). Still haven't tried NS8000 though...:(

4. RealMad

RealMad Regular Member

The cab22 is an oval head, isn't it? What about the ns8000?

I've gotten used to isometric heads so I'm not sure i'd like to go back to oval.

5. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    NS8000 yes... Cab22 yes

NS8000 is goooooooooooooooodd...
    Cab22 is goooooooooooooooodd...

I like them both. Both are stiff rackets IMO.

NS8000 is head light, maneuverable, and I can generate power with it, that's why I love it! :)

Yes, Cab22 is an oval head racket. I like it because this racket is very 'accurate', fast, and powerful. However, IMO if I am already in a wrong position to take the birdie, it is very hard to hit/control the birdie correctly (perhaps it is called unforgiving?).

MP100 - I haven't tried it yet. So, I cannot give you my opinion :)