new comer

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by myy3002, Jul 25, 2005.

1. myy3002

myy3002 Regular Member

hi, I love to play badminton, and also love to watch the badminton games.
    this is the first time I use this area to introduce myself. I played badminton about 4 times a week when I lived in vancouver, canada. there is a wonderful city, I almost know most of the ppl who play badminton in the town. but.........I'd left there over 8 years la. I think, things are changed a lot now. but....still miss those happy time and badminton friends.
    I am working in guangzhou,china now. know nobody here to play badminton with me. :crying: ............ hope to meet old and new friends from this website. let's enjoy the badminton together. :D

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Welcome Myy3002:)! Tell us where you used to play in Vancouver? I agree with you... Vancouver is pretty special indeed. It has a great mixture of badminton drop-ins and wonderful food.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yup.. Lets enjoy badminton together. Welcome to the BCBF family!

4. myy3002

myy3002 Regular Member

I am so glad to meet someone who is also from vancouver. I used to play badminton almost most of the vancouver community centres. sunset, hasting, kerrisdale, main, southarm in richmond, bcit, and a place near by metrotown, I just forgot the name, I usually played there on sunday night.
    the food in vancouver is alos great, my mouth is watering now......:D
    I also went hiking during the summer time.
    miss the city and the friends too much now.
    how about you, cappy 75? where do you usually play badminton ? bby, richmond or vancovuer?

5. myy3002

myy3002 Regular Member

thanks for the warm welcome. I haven't play badminton for such long time, wanna go back to the court very much la. you play badminton often?

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, myy3002! :D How is it that you can't find people to play with in China? I'm under the impression that there are MANY people there that play badminton.

I used to play all over the lower mainland, myself. Cameron, Bonsor in Burnaby. Sunset, Kerrisdale, Dunbar, Collingwood, Kitsilano, Coal Harbor in Vancouver.

-dave

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I used to drop in regularly at Cameron, Collingwood and Renfrew before I joined my present club. Now that I am in Vancouver Racquets Club (V.R.C.), I mostly play there. Likewise for Wood_22_Chuck:D.

I think you should post a question in the places-to-play subforum for China. Maybe someone living in the same city as you might be able to point you in the right direction. Good Luck!

8. myy3002

myy3002 Regular Member

thanks for all the replies

hey, guys, thanks for all the replies.
    I was super busy last week, didin't have time to come here.
    I ran around between dong-guang and guang-zhou last week. the hot weather drives me crazy. and I got to go to the factory today. oh, god, I am dying..............:crying:
    my hk friends introduce a guangzhou friend to me. then, I can join her group to play badminton. so nice........:D but still busy at work now. let see when I can arrange a night to go join her................:p
    I am so glad to read the replies from you guys, wishing can hear more from all of you again.
    thanks