Newbie from Brisbane, Australia

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by albertchiew, Jul 26, 2005.

1. albertchiew

albertchiew Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Greeting from downunder to all BCers. It is great to find this forum. It does help me a lot since my first visit here. Please allow me to introduce myself to everyone.

Origin from Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. Now settle in Brisbane, Australia.

Hooked on badminton during my primary school (year 4). And managed to damage my one and only vintage wooden racket :crying:. Hence, stop badmintoning for a long while.

Pick up my racket again during my middle school year. And this is my golden period :D. Manage to execute every skills without any hassle (mishit or unforce errors). However, it only last for 2 years max. As an athlete of my school i have to pay more attention to the training then badminton. Furthermore, there wasn't any badminton team in my school during my school year :( .

While working and studying part time in Singapore, I only manage to play badminton not more than 5 times annually. Then I move to Brisbane to pursuit my Engineering degree. As a result, most of my badminton skills have fade away :( . I finally pick it up and got addicted back in 2004. Patheticly!! It was all happening during my 1st job-training trip at New Zealand. One of my colleague ask me to play with him in their club. Since then I start to search for places to play near my home back in Brisbane. And now happily settle in our small badminton club. Yet it is tough to get back all the 'feel'. After playing for about a year plus I think i just got back to 50% of my previous form and skill....sigh... It is true that badminton is pretty easy to pick up but it is hard to master and maintain it.
    I only play once a week and spend 2~3 hour playing with the perfect "Mr Wall" each weekend at my backyard. My style .... Aggresive yet still have plenty rooms for improvement....:)

Thanks for reading and sorry for the lengthy intro. Happy playing and have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Albert

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, Albert! :D Nice intro ... and welcome back to badminton :)

-dave

3. albertchiew

albertchiew Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!:p