Rexy: I want players to leave all their problems behind

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by ants, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    TheStar

KUALA LUMPUR: Leave all your problems behind. This is the message national men's doubles coach Rexy Mainaky wants to make clear to the World Championship-bound players before making the trip to Anaheim, California, next month.

In the run-up to the championships, scheduled for Aug 15-21, the Indonesian has arranged for all four pairs to have sessions with psychologists from the National Sports Institute (NSI).

“The psychologist will be coming to our training centre and each pair should go for at least two sessions before they leave for California.

“My intention is to get them to leave all their personal problems behind them,” he said after a training session at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara here yesterday.

“I do not want any of the doubles pair to have negative thoughts about themselves ... things like feeling small about their abilities or having doubts about their partners.

“They will be prepared well for the challenges ahead. They should go with an open mind. If they have any problem, they should bring it up to me or the psychologist. We can help them find ways to solve it.”

The four doubles pairs for the world championships are Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Lin Woon Fui, Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Choong Tan Fook-Chew Choon Eng.

Fairuzizuan, who attended a session yesterday with Woon Fui, is looking at the sessions to help lift their self-confidence.

“It was more for motivational purposes. He (Rexy) wants us to be a more positive attitude on our ability,” said Fairuzizuan.

It will be Chong Ming's and Kien Keat's turn for a session today. The pair have admitted that the have differences and hope to patch them up before they leave for California.