which is the most decent Winex racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gameplayers, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Gameplayers

Gameplayers Regular Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering which is the most decent Winex racket?
    would that be the MM99?

also would love to know which might be the best out of the Winex Armanetic range?

cheers :D

2. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Depends on what you mean by decent. Most power? Best net control? Best value for money? Depends on whether you want it for singles or doubles or both.

I've got an AT800Ti, AT702Ti and MP22 and they're all quite good. I tend to use the AT800Ti more than the others. It is strung slightly different to the AT702Ti and did take a little getting used to, but seems to suit my style of playing. The AT702Ti is more conventional and compares quite favourably to the Ashaway Aerotec 700 my friend has. The MP22 is a backup/loaner and friends have been impressed with it (considering it only cost £20 - shame Mark doesn't sell them anymore).

The AT series seem to have a slightly wider head than the MP series, which I guess will be the same size as the MM. The 700s are slightly stiffer than the 800s, but apart from that, the only real difference in the AT range is the colour.

I did consider getting the Chinese MM99 but, as I hardly ever play singles, just bought a Yonex AT800DE instead.

The T-10 looks interesting. Was tempted by that.

John

3. henrileconte

henrileconte Regular Member

All top winex rackets are good rackets, but it all depends on your stroke, your style etc. For example the 99 you need a fast racket action.it works good with drives, netplay. The at700 range is good, a bit heavier than the 99, more powerful. Also suited for slower racket action. The AT800range is terrific and widebody, it is easy playing and I guess it works well for almost every player and maybe especially those more lazy, prefering easy playing rackets. Now they have the Nanotec serie and it is also very good. Just consider your playing style and choose the rackets. Winex make terrific products