Help Back hand overhand Clear!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DimSum, Jan 15, 2002.

1. DimSum

DimSum Guest

Still trying to develop this technique ! Any body now of any good ideas..?

2. AS

AS Guest

Use ur backhand when attempting to play this shot..lol

No seriously, do a search im sure there was a lot said about this shot and how to play it.

Good Luck

3. Josh

Josh Guest

Go to my topic in the Match Analysis Forum named the Backhand Smash!!! Hope that helps!!

4. Don

Don Regular Member

Uhm.. backhand smash is for the experienced and strong players... Learn how to doa proper backhand before a backhand smash... Besides... I would never and I bet most of the season vets would agree use a backhand smash unless it was the only shot I can pull off.

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    True. It's a good shot to have in your repertoire, but your main focus should be on how to avoid situations where you need it.

6. johnboy

johnboy Guest

Far to difficult to expain verbally, easy as pie to show 'hands on' so best advice is "Ask a coach" preferably one who coaches a a decent level.

Two bits of advice I was given by Lee Jae Bok,

1} Try not to make your first foot and torso movements ones that commit yourself to playing a backhand stroke (Do not immediately turn your back to the net) If your footwork is correct you MAY well be able to play a round the head forehand clear.'

2} Stand with your back to the netand with your shoulders parrallel to it, raise your arm so that it and your racket a nearly vertical. Now look at the racket head angle. If you are using a conventional backhand grip, the racket face will be angled to the net, ideally it should be parrallel.

Your grip for this shot should be one of holding the racket by the 'sides' of the handle, not on the large flat faces. This ensures that your wrist is not twisted but in its more natural position when hitting.

7. DimSum

DimSum Guest

Thanks a bunch guys ... i'll try practicing backhand drop more and work from there !