Women's Shoes For Men?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Quasimodo, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

No, I'm not talking heels or pumps. :p I'm referring to volleyball/badminton shoes in general and Mizuno ones in particular. I'm finding it very hard to find men's Mizuno volleyball shoes here. Not without paying an arm and a leg, anyway, through online order. However, the women's variety often come up on eBay for 50% or 60% less than retail. Unfortunately---well, whether it's fortunate or not depends on one's point of view, I suppose, but I digress---I'm not a member of that gender group.

So, I'm starting to think, just how different are they from the men's version? Apart from the size numbering difference, that is. Narrower/wider? At the heel/toes? Anything? IOW, for instance, my research tells me that women's size 10.5 (US) is supposed to be equivalent to men's size 9 (US). Are they the same shoes cut from same mold? Anything particular to Mizuno?

Anyone who have insiders' knowledge on this are welcome to share their views.

Thanks in advance.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Ummm.... :eek:

My excuse to not do this is that I can't find any shops here that carry Mizuno volleyball shoes, even the women kind. :)

Thanks for your response, though. Any one else want to share their views?