Places to play in perth?

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Irwanfoo, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Irwanfoo

Irwanfoo Regular Member

Com Science undergrad
    Hi there, I'm from Singapore. I'll be heading over to perth in febuary 2006 for my studies. I'm a really into badminton, so i was just wondering whether they are active groups over in perth which i may join when i get there. I'll be there for like the next 3 yrs. So people in perth, i do hope you can provide me with some info as to where you guys play, costs, level of players? Thanks a lot :)

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    PM baddymania or me (FEND. ; with a fullstop after the END) if you wanna join our group. Where will you be studying mate? Curtin? Murdoch? UWA or will you be doing pre-uni courses. Also if you could let me know where you will be staying it'll help a lot.

3. Irwanfoo

Irwanfoo Regular Member

Com Science undergrad
    Hey there..thanks for replying. Well i'll be in curtin, as for accomodation wise, i've not yet settled it. But most probably i'll either be on campus at curtin in bently, or just somewhere around Curtin.

4. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

I know of a Curtin group that plays at Rossmoyne every Sunday nights @ 8p.m. They are not too bad but I'm not sure if they are casual play or training. The last time I saw them, they said they were training...those players there are not bad... Mostly are from China judging from their facial features or you can classify them under Asians...lol...

By the way, if you would let us know your level of play, it is also easier for us to find suitable groups for you to play in;). Just tell us whether you represent school or played into the zone championships or nationals, then we will roughly know your standard and tell you where to play to get good games.

Also, Curtin is hella a good place for Badminton Fans.:D

5. Irwanfoo

Irwanfoo Regular Member

Com Science undergrad
    Well I used to play for school, and i also used to represent my district. :)

6. NeoHunter

NeoHunter New Member

hey i'v just moved down to perth and i played badminton socially alot and was wondering what places around bently/st james where i could play badminton where they are times cost
    thanks
    neo

7. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

For Irwan, I think you can play at Rossmoyne Sunday nights, 8pm with that Curtin gang. They include coaching as well as social play. If you think they are too weak, you can try going on Thursday nights at Rossmoyne as well, 8pm to midnight. All the state players are there. ( I think)

As for Neohunter, there are a few people staying at Bently who i know of playing at rossmoyne. The courts on Sunday are booked totally from 11am to midnight. LOL. It goes a long way.;) You can hang out there the whole day. Of course, money matters.

11am-1pm $:confused: Standard Unknown

1pm -3pm $4 Average standard(might be better sometimes)

3pm -5pm (coaching session)

5pm -8pm $5.50 Average group.

8pm -::confused: pm $6 Standard Unknown

Hope it helps.;)

8. NeoHunter

NeoHunter New Member

Hey thanks for the reply that was quick is there anywhere else within perth i guess it doesn't have to be so close to me i'm determined to go anywhere in perth really to play a bit of badminton socially i'm not great but i'm a good player and i'll look at thursday nights buttt i think the state players may be a little bit too much for me i'll go check it out though i work on sundays so thats out thanks again for the response any info on other places would be great
    cheers
    Neo

9. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

Erm...there is a Friday group but I don't really like the host. He thinks he's great but no one really likes him:rolleyes:. Anyway, there are some good players down there. I heard there is also another group which is pretty strong on Saturday at the same place but I don't know whether the host is the same.

The place is called Samson Recreational Centre along South Street, Mc(something) Ave. Got to check.

Cheers mate;).

10. KutuItem

KutuItem Regular Member

11. Standford Hill

Standford Hill New Member

chef
    You can play at the Victoria Park Recreation Centre
    on
    TUE: ?
    THUR: 9am-12pm
    FRI: 6pm-10pm

Friday is the most competive. Come early if you want to play singles.
    Tuesday and thursdays are mainly seniors with a few youths and a greater oppportunity to play singles but not as near as competive as Friday

12. kevin_goh168

kevin_goh168 Regular Member

Sportskaki.com???

You guys might want to try this site. It helped me to get around some states to play badminton or tennis (my other love). You can get a whole bunch of people together for a game or two.

Kevin

13. mulliet

mulliet Regular Member

Are you talking about Andrew Chai?.. hes a good bloke!!..

I play on Friday night at Samson rec centre.. there is some people with a high standard.. (at least state) and some middle class and some beginners.

Elliott..

14. kangaroo_boy

kangaroo_boy Regular Member

http://www.badmintonwa.org.au/

15. Torty

Torty New Member

Rossmoyne Sessions

Does anyone know about the Sat sessions run at Rossmoyne? I heard there were some running but don't know the times or level.

I've tried the Thurs sessions there but find the level quite high so looking for more intermediate level in the local area.

Also, someone mentioned they do some trainint at thr 8pm session on Sun nights? Does it still happen and is it very busy?

16. Wilz9188

Wilz9188 Regular Member

Rossmoyne Sunday session!

Well guys..playing at Rossmoyne on Sunday(1-3pm) is a pretty good idea as me, myself play down there as well. Unfortunately, the host will not hold any session at the moment till february next yr coz he is on holiday..the price is $4..the standard is average...if interested for a game..PM me guys..

17. Torty

Torty New Member

Pity he's away...but oh well, Sundays aren't my best days - got work :(

Thanks for the info. I might give the Sunday night session a go.

18. tungtungchiang

tungtungchiang Regular Member

Full time Administrator and Full time student for
    izzit?? how much per hour?? izzit the same as George Burnett Centre??