Is there a doctor here?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by beaver, Jan 16, 2002.

1. beaver

beaver Guest

Hi..

I dont know if someone has the same problem... when i play 2 days in row my arm hurts me like the devil...

i begin to play after a rest of 2 years.. and 2 years ago i had this same problem.. when i play 2 or more days in row.. i always kill my arm..

Is it possible that i dont know how to play badminton? Should i use my shoulder and my wrist?

2. Don

Don Regular Member

Bad technique... you have weak shoulders... Use more wrist and less shoulders or build them shoulders up.

3. beaver

beaver Guest

If i understand what you are saying.. i should use more my weak? I think.. when i imagine my technique.. i hit the shuttlecock i use only the middle of my arm (like my bicep and my elbow).. and its exactly there where im injured..

but if i dont play to badminton during 1 day i will be able to play as a champion during the next day..

i dont think i have a "tendinite" ..

but HOW can i change my technique when i use it since 10 years..???
    And is there anything to help me to get the GOOD technique?

4. Don

Don Regular Member

Get a coach... it's very hard to give you exact technique advice without an actual visual aid.

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Well, 10 years is a good indication. You are getting old my friend. ;-)
    Actually if you don't feel the arm hurting while you are hitting the first day, but only when you start playing the second day, this sounds like you are having a hard workout on the first. Your body is telling you to rest.

Again, it doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, just give yourself an extra day of rest. Or on the other possibility to play less strenuous on the first day, if you know you will play two days in a row.

6. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Beaver:
    I must admit, sometimes I have the same problem as you. My school coach tells me it's because I use too much shoulder-arm rotation in all my shots, particularly smashes and not employing enough wrist movement. He always tells me that wrist is for badminton and arms are for tennis. Perhaps you do the the same thing as me? Also if you use your wrists a lot more than arms, then don't get a super stiff racquet. Instead, use a flexible one. Hope this helps a little

7. Iwan

Iwan Guest

maybe there is something missing in your technique... how bout the follow through and body rotation? I havent played singles for a long time until a few days ago, and I noticed that now I have a sore arm because I wasnt rotating my body for a follow through when I do a clear or a smash. now Im trying to get used to it again.

Incase you're wondering what body rotation is like... look at it this way:
    Lets say you hold your racket on the right hand, now, whenever you do a shot, line up your right hand with your right leg. When preparing to do a clear, right leg back with right hand and when doing the shot, the leg travels with the hand and also dont stop the swinging motion, just let it flow through with your leg. Its like throwing the right part of your body from back to front. I hope that helps.

8. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    If you're saying your arm then it may just be that your muscle isn't developed enough and playing 2 days in a row puts too much strain on it.

Could be the rotator cuff? Look up rotator cuff exercises.

First port of call - see the physio.

9. beaver

beaver Guest

Thanks Everybody for your help..

i will try to change my technique and get more rest between each games..