Wrist problem/injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by fpixi, Aug 6, 2005.

1. fpixi

fpixi Regular Member

Highschool
    Hi i'm new here...

I'm a U17 player, i have played quite a lot, but at the begining of the summer i took a break becaudse i had exams. Now I have started again but my wrist is hurting if i plays more than 30 min. I have never had this problem before and i was wondering if anybody knew about this. Is it a training problem, should i wear a supporter? I think it is a tendon that is hurting... I'm right-handed

The area that hurts is in the left side of the wrist, when the palm is upwards...

Thanks

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    I'm sorry to hear about this but I had a similar problem. In my case it was tendon damage and I had to take about 2 weeks off but i took an extra one to be safe. The first time I played it hurt a bit but the pain subsided because I hadnt played for so long. Now I'm just working on getting my tendons back up to strength and have been playing. I wore a supporter when I started to play again just to be on the safe side but now i dont wear it to much. But I say go to see a doctor and see what they say, well hope that you get better soon. Oh I am also right handed.

3. fpixi

fpixi Regular Member

Highschool
    Thanks for the advice. I will go to see a doctor, and find a supporter for my wrist.