Looking for a badminton course in Central/West London

Discussion in 'UK' started by mikhail, Aug 6, 2005.

1. mikhail

mikhail New Member

Hi, I used to play at a kind of 'confident beginner' level, but haven't played for a while and moreover, have never had any formal coaching. Not long ago I popped in to a club session only to find out that my level isn't good enough even to play with their less advanced players.

So I'm thinking of getting some training. However, I'm afraid I can hardly afford individual coaching. Does anyone know if there's any kind of group training available in West or Central London?

Thanks,
    Mikhail

2. atarshis

atarshis New Member

Try evening classes

I'm not sure where in West London you are looking, but both Richmond and Kingston offer badminton evening classes. You'll get some coaching at much less expense than personal tuition, and meet others that are hopefully at your level.

If you don't want to pay for a season of evening classes, you could go along to the Tolworth Recreation Centre on Sunday evenings. You don't get any coaching, but there are a wide range of abilities to play with, and you just pay each time you turn up (no membership required).

Good Luck!

Adam

When you're outgrown evening classes, I hope you join our club:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/atarshis/hwbc/

3. mikhail

mikhail New Member

Thanks a lot! Richmond is alright! Do you know where it is exactly and how to join in?

4. atarshis

atarshis New Member

Richmond evening classes

I haven't been for many years, but it used to be at Richmond Adult Community Colleage (near the "old deer park" car park, useful for parking, and I think parking is free in the evenings).

Great timimg by you, it looks like a new term starts on 13 September (I looked it up on this web site: http://www.hotcourses.com/adult_learning/)

5. mikhail

mikhail New Member

thanks again, that's very useful!