User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clothing shouldn't matter too much. Just wear a light shirt and a comfortable pair of shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that for me, I play a lot better when I know I look good aha .
    Yeah that sounds bad, but its true.
    Even in doubles, when we walk on the court and were confident and matching, me and my doubles partner play great.
    So in my case, yes it definaattlyy matters lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after having this thread for 3 1/2 years. I am feeling so awkward on the court that I have some "fancy" stuff like the SHB100LTD (olympic edition) and using a ti-10. Don't know why my brain keeps feeling people who are watching me play thinks i suck even though my skills is not as good as others. Have anyone had this experience before??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Do you really think dry cool shirts are more comfortable and cool your body better? The rate of evaporation will be faster on a wet cotton shirt than a dry cool shirt, making you feel cooler although more wet. Water on your skin cools best, air is a distant second. All dry cool shirts do are to merely transfer your sweat from the skin to another outer mesh of fiber, which actually has a lower evaporation rate. If you play in extreme temperatures of 35 degrees C and a relative humidity of 88% or more, leaving your sweat on your skin may save you your life; dry cool shirts may kill you.
    The concept of sweat is to remove heat from the body. This can be either by evaporation or simply by mass transfer. The common preconception about sweat is that it evaporates off and along with it the energy associated with heating that water.

Core body temperature is at 37C whereas the surface body temperature can be closer to that of room temperature. Obviously, when playing intensely and in a warmer environment, this surface temperature can climb drastically, there is a theoretical limit to that temperature which is far below the boiling temperature of water, 100C.

This temperature of around 40C is not nearly enough to evaporate all the water that comes from sweating. Furthermore, the salt present in sweat actually raises the boiling temperature of that water to even 101-102C. Granted, a portion will be lost as water vapour, the vast majority of sweat simply drips off instead. This is why, when you see people sweating, the water is dripping off and not steaming off.

As for having the clothing take the water away from the body being a cause for death, I would say to the contrary, it might actually save your life by increasing the amount of water that is removed from the body, along with the heat associated with it.
    Last edited by PhuzyBuny; 09-24-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id wear whatever if only any1 would sponsor me!

for me cotton gets a little heavy once u sweat so much. if the cotton is thin enough, it doesnt really matter. those dry cool kinda thing helps but boy playing almost everyday dont really give me much chance to wash them right away. the only cotton shirt that i wear now is the cheapest baleno shirt. they are thin, dirt cheap, and durable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wear underarmor/nike pro fit tops (both compression shirts)
    it keeps you cool and dry
    the compression also helps with keep ease of movement because they hug the body real close
    as for shorts, I try to find light, short shorts that you can lunge in
    i started out playing in basketball shorts, and those were definitely a mistake
    not only are they heavy but also very long (past the knees), this can hamper your lunges
    I now play with usually soccer shorts, or mesh "jersey" shorts

hope this gives you a perspective on how important the right apparel is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clothing matters. Footwear and clothing make you comfortable to play. Team uniform gives feel to play together and to win for a team. I agree with cappy, Clothing must be giving players boost so that is why teams are making their own uniform which will be similar.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfartable clothing compared to a to small short matters. Bodyfeeling and fitting is really important not the look. If a have a session only in one shirt which is getting heavy because of sweat I don't feel fresh, so it can affect my game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver View Post
    Hi, I am just wondering. Does clothings really matter how you play in a game...Isn't it just for looks and wearing...
    I think about it

Why do more female players prefer to wear shorts than to wear skirts when playing Badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I think about it

Why do more female players prefer to wear shorts than to wear skirts when playing Badminton.
    lemme see...well shorts have splits down the middle, which would probably give you more comfort when stretching/bending your legs.

but this is just my opinion...i really do not have a scientific explanation =)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb If players can play Badminton better when wearing skirts......

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus21 View Post
    lemme see...well shorts have splits down the middle, which would probably give you more comfort when stretching/bending your legs.

but this is just my opinion...i really do not have a scientific explanation =)
    I am from the science and mathematics field. Here, I also do not have a scientific explanation. Why? Because whenever I talk about some scientific explanation, I use numbers in science and mathematics to back me up.

But one thing I know: If players can play Badminton better when wearing skirts, I am sure male players will also wear skirts to play.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4