Forehand Smash

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Sean, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Sean

Sean Guest

After you have just struck the shuttle in a forehand smash should you then continue the forearm pronation.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The arm should already be pronated to a significant extent already on impact with the shuttle. Keep it pronated on followthrough. Holding the racquet mostly in the fingers rather than the palm of the hand will help.

3. Valentino

Valentino Guest

i learned that at the highest point u use ur wrist and then not swing all the way down with ur arm, so that u dont have to bring ur arm up again cuz that is one of the most important things, to keep the racket up at all times ( ready position)

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Some element of followthrough is important in certain shots to transfer power into the shuttle. If you look at players pictures just after impact with the shuttle, their racquet is not immediately in the "ready" position.
    The directionof followtthrough is important.

5. Sara

Sara Guest

I have been playing badminton for 2 years now and I am still having trouble with my put away smash. I have been told that I dont reach up high enough and most of the time frame it. I also don't look at the shuttle at the point of impact. Which means I most of the time drag it into the net. Can you give me any advice on how i can fix this please?

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

That might be a problem with not raising your elbow high enough

For dragging into the net, that might be after hitting, your elbow stays in the same position rather than following through.

Nobody can help you if you don't look at the shuttle in the first place.