User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Earlier departure for national shuttlers

    The national badminton team will leave for the World Championships in California one day ahead of schedule – on Thursday.

    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary, Gangga Rao, said that they had managed to arrange for practise courts to be available to the players on the following day in Anaheim.

    “The plan was for them to leave on Friday. But we have managed to get the practice courts for Friday too and the extra session will be good for them,” he said.

    The singles and doubles players will leave in two separate groups on Thursday. They will have three days of practice sessions before competition begins.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is good news

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Fifo

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    The national badminton team will leave for the World Championships in California one day ahead of schedule – on Thursday.

    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary, Gangga Rao, said that they had managed to arrange for practise courts to be available to the players on the following day in Anaheim.

    “The plan was for them to leave on Friday. But we have managed to get the practice courts for Friday too and the extra session will be good for them,” he said.

    The singles and doubles players will leave in two separate groups on Thursday. They will have three days of practice sessions before competition begins.
    in computer science, the word FIFO is very familiar

    i hope malaysia teams are not FIFO team,

    FIFO : First In First Out

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Montreal (514)
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    in computer science, the word FIFO is very familiar

    i hope malaysia teams are not FIFO team,

    FIFO : First In First Out
    I hope it too, but LCW has a very good draw until he reach semi's Vs Taufik as I think he has an edge over Bao
    Last edited by Brave_Turtle; 08-09-2005 at 08:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is not the only one, there will be others as well. This is gonna be great
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave_Turtle
    I hope it too, but LCW has a very good draw until he reach semi's Vs Taufik as I think he has an edge over Bao

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default WCH vs LCW scenario

    We have not discussed about the WCH vs LCW scenario, have we?

    What would Chief Coach YKH's attitude be when that delicate situation comes along?

    Would he say:

    • "OK, slug it out boys!" or
    • "Ahem...you see WCH,......" or
    • "Ahem...you see LCW,......." ?
    Please fill in the blanks.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugs
    We have not discussed about the WCH vs LCW scenario, have we?

    What would Chief Coach YKH's attitude be when that delicate situation comes along?

    Would he say:

    • "OK, slug it out boys!" or
    • "Ahem...you see WCH,......" or
    • "Ahem...you see LCW,......." ?
    Please fill in the blanks.

    hahahaha I think it will be slug it out, may the best player win. I don't think Malaysia has ever resorted to cheating before.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    MAS
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wl2172
    hahahaha I think it will be slug it out, may the best player win. I don't think Malaysia has ever resorted to cheating before.
    wl212, how about if I throw the idea that "may the best player wins" option is sometimes may not be the best to take?

Similar Threads

  1. Previous Indonesian National Shuttlers?
    By adclancer in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM
  2. Build-up to Thomas Cup Finals: National shuttlers told to lie low
    By ants in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 0
    : 04-26-2006, 08:24 PM
  3. National shuttlers warned to keep their game hot
    By chicteenager in forum World Championships 2005
    Replies: 3
    : 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
  4. National shuttlers to undergo high-altitude training at highlands
    By ants in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 07-16-2005, 05:26 PM
  5. Relief for national shuttlers as BAM lift freeze
    By FEND. in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 10-22-2004, 07:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •