Quote Originally Posted by Togey
    Lin Dan probably does it after doing something... >_>

clue: XXF
    OMG LMAO! HAHAHAAHAHA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I knew there'll be a few pervs around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default indo...

ermm... just wondering... does the indonesians player smoke... cos indonesia is one of the country whose ppl smokes alot... will the players get influence??? haha???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But isn't smoking bad for health??
    Won't it like affect their performance on court??
    I can't imagine any of the professional players smoking...
    why would they want to smoke secretly??

too many questions....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default reply:my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark bmt*fan

too many questions....
    hmmmm would smoking be considered illegal like for olympics and stuff? how they check u for drugs etc. wouldn't that be y they smoke secretly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default smoking kills

Would-be rock star plunges from bed to death Wed Feb 22, 9:20 AM ET

A teenage guitarist got so carried away while bouncing up and down on his bed mimicking a rock star that he flew out of a third floor window to his death, a Singapore newspaper reported Wednesday.

The Straits Times said Li Xiao Meng, a 16-year-old from China who was studying at Singapore's Hua Business School, was a keen musician who liked to jump up and down while playing his guitar in his hostel room.

"But on November 17 he took things a bit too far," the newspaper said, reporting on a coroner's court findings.

Ruling death by misadventure, the court said evidence "points to the deceased unintentionally falling out of the window to his death when he was hyped up with exhilaration, jumping up and down on the bed placed against an open window while mimicking a rock guitarist.""

Normally the windows were locked, the newspaper said, but students sometimes forced them open so they could smoke, something prohibited by the hostel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Natural selection at work.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    Natural selection at work.

-dave
    *sniff* *sniff* I smell a Darwin award...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    *sniff* *sniff* I smell a Darwin award...

Yeah, I would say he would be a strong contender for that dubious award
    Marijuana + Heavy Metal + JUmping on bed while air guitaring on the third floor near a open window = Very silly idea!

I actually know a guy who smokes weed alot before he plays

He is a really good player and is really unpredictable----> sort of like in a 'DRUNKEN MASTER' type way he has only lost one singles in 4 seasons. in the top grade----A grade.
    I know this guy very very well----- his eyes look like this but more blood shot!.......lol....ohh my eyes are red....better wear my sun glasses hehe

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark bmt*fan

too many questions....
    There are many people who smoke in China. My friend went to FuJian and styaedin a hotel next to a training centre. He said the players there were really, really good. BUT, they are all smoking - the coaches (only stop to shout at their players!), the linesmen, and the players themselves.

Of course smoking is unhealthy but China's policy on smoking is way behind that of some other countries. There's also a cultural problem in China - it's polite to offer people cigarettes over dinner!!

Plus, major tobacco corporations are feeling the squeeze in developed economies. They are forcing open new markets in countries with poorly developed health systems. i.e. developing countries - which, also siginificantly, have a less well educated population on average.

Usually the tactic is to try and hook people into smoking when young. After that, they become addicted and cannot stop. It's a great business becuase the harmful health effects of smoking are not seen till decades later. Eventually, 1 in 2 people will die because of smoking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Of course smoking is unhealthy but China's policy on smoking is way behind that of some other countries. There's also a cultural problem in China - it's polite to offer people cigarettes over dinner!!
    i hate the smell too, but when someone asks "would you mind if i smoke?" i have to answer "no,please". cause otherwise it will look like i am not easy-going...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kemana
    i hate the smell too, but when someone asks "would you mind if i smoke?" i have to answer "no,please". cause otherwise it will look like i am not easy-going...
    jakarta, indonesia capital, has a new rule, forbidding people smoke in public area, they must smoke the cigarretes in the smoking room,

the fine is 50 million rupiahs or $500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    jakarta, indonesia capital, has a new rule, forbidding people smoke in public area, they must smoke the cigarretes in the smoking room,
    the fine is 50 million rupiahs or $500
    i remember we have this kind of rules in china too, but nobody seems to care about it,they still smoke on streets, bus stations, markets, everywhere...
    haha, i remember you smoke too, do you hate this rule?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kemana
    i remember we have this kind of rules in china too, but nobody seems to care about it,they still smoke on streets, bus stations, markets, everywhere...
    haha, i remember you smoke too, do you hate this rule?
    there're 'anti smoking' special polices to patrol ,

yes... i hathe the rule, i must go to the hotel to smoke the cigarretes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i strongly think that as a sportsman, not only badminton, the best is not to smoketo keep ourselves in good shape..smoking isnt addictive at all. it all depends on your mind if you tell yourself to stop smoking.
    i have a china coach coaching us too but he smokes at as you can see, he even lost to one of our young player only 16. wheres the other china national coach did not smoke and he is definetly very fit.
    why bother to buy cigrettes to smoke and kill yourself over time. i find it stupid and a packet in singapore costs $12.50.
    And the smell of the cigrette really S****s everytime i smell it i cough and sometimes sneeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=jermaine] smoking isnt addictive at all. it all depends on your mind if you tell yourself to stop smoking.

Smoking is not addictive at all.........what?

Nicotine(the drug in cigarettes) is one of the most addictive substances known to man!. It is more addictive than: cocaine, Amphetimines(speed), Ecstasy(mdma), Marijuana, Only a few drugs are more addictive: Heroin, Morphine.

Sure a strong mind can quit smoking but nicotine is, highly addictive.

As for these 'Pro's' who smoke, well I don't think it's a good idea and not a good example to set for kids. I beleive drinking alchohol also reduces your fitness. Hard training and not eating the right foods and supplements also reduces your fitness. If you exercise intensly and don't eat protein and carbs within a half hour after exercise it can have a totally negative effect of getting fitter/stronger as your body will break down existing tissues and organs in search of proteins.

This is my secret....shhhh.: Bring to training 2-4 boiled eggs(keep them cool tho) and as soon as you finish training or exercise eat them within this half hour window.........before you drive home! it may be more than half hour drive/walk untill you get home to eat food at home.

Do this for 2 months and tell me you don't notice improvement
    If you are a smoker do not under any circumstance smoke in this half hour window before you eat your eggs.

Sounds funny? Try it? Protein milkshakes are good and more convenient but eggs seem to work better for me.
    My old Kickboxing trainer use to force me to eat eggs before I left training.......wise man. Within 3 months I became so much muscular/stronger and put on 15kg of hard muscle.

Sound stupid maybe but try it, I know it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=LongReach]
    Quote Originally Posted by jermaine
    smoking isnt addictive at all. it all depends on your mind if you tell yourself to stop smoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jermaine

Smoking is not addictive at all.........what?

Nicotine(the drug in cigarettes) is one of the most addictive substances known to man!. It is more addictive than: cocaine, Amphetimines(speed), Ecstasy(mdma), Marijuana, Only a few drugs are more addictive: Heroin, Morphine.

Sure a strong mind can quit smoking but nicotine is, highly addictive.

As for these 'Pro's' who smoke, well I don't think it's a good idea and not a good example to set for kids. I beleive drinking alchohol also reduces your fitness. Hard training and not eating the right foods and supplements also reduces your fitness. If you exercise intensly and don't eat protein and carbs within a half hour after exercise it can have a totally negative effect of getting fitter/stronger as your body will break down existing tissues and organs in search of proteins.

This is my secret....shhhh.: Bring to training 2-4 boiled eggs(keep them cool tho) and as soon as you finish training or exercise eat them within this half hour window.........before you drive home! it may be more than half hour drive/walk untill you get home to eat food at home.

Do this for 2 months and tell me you don't notice improvement
    If you are a smoker do not under any circumstance smoke in this half hour window before you eat your eggs.

Sounds funny? Try it? Protein milkshakes are good and more convenient but eggs seem to work better for me.
    My old Kickboxing trainer use to force me to eat eggs before I left training.......wise man. Within 3 months I became so much muscular/stronger and put on 15kg of hard muscle.

Sound stupid maybe but try it, I know it works.

long reach, do you know why i said smoking isnt addictive? alot of my schoolmates smoke for a cetain period of time. like 2-4 months. they managed to quit after that. i was quite surprised too and i ask them i hought smoking is addictive? they said its all in the mind if you are strong enough to control your own body. thats all.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast