User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 170
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    wish i am in china..
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    halo???this thread is about badminton players who smoke.....but all i c is "smoking..........." where r the PLAYERS?i don think that lin dan smokes anyway.....he is an "army" after all.he should b well deciplined...

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup. lin dan smoke? never la though he look like one, but chong wei looks even more like one. hahaha look at their teeth will know or their breath...

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think rumours about Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei or Taufik Hidayat smoking are complete jokes.
    Maybe they smoked a cigarette once or twice in their lifes, but they certainly can not be regular smokers!

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nicotine, besides being highly addictive, is also one of the oldest forms of poisons. In fact, nicotine is still a key ingredient in some insecticides. I got this from one of the episodes of CSI.

    I used to be addicted to tobacco before I became addicted to badminton. I'm glad to say that because of my desire to excel in badminton, I've kicked the habit and have been nicotine free for almost 3 years now. How I wish that I've taken up this sport earlier in life, probably I could have quit at a younger age.

    As for this thing about eating within 30 minutes after exercising, bodybuilders consume a carbohydrate rich shake within half an hour after they workout to help speed up the muscle repair process. For those who are serious about the sport or are in training, you can also incorporate this in your diet/program. Check out this link: http://www.menshealth.co.uk/goals/fi.../3/article.php

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seven
    I think rumours about Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei or Taufik Hidayat smoking are complete jokes.
    Maybe they smoked a cigarette once or twice in their lifes, but they certainly can not be regular smokers!
    i agree.
    Today's sports are much more demanding and top top athletes can't last or stay at the top if they smoke. Even if they do, the coaches wouldnt permit it. Smoking add chemicals to your system that could fail a drug test in the olympics. Why risk a ban from sports on a performance suppressing drug like smoking? Even taking a non prescription cold medicine could fail drug testing.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcljoyce
    halo???this thread is about badminton players who smoke.....but all i c is "smoking..........." where r the PLAYERS?i don think that lin dan smokes anyway.....he is an "army" after all.he should b well deciplined...
    it stems from the previous generation of players like yang yang, sun jun, etc

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    China/Denmark
    Posts
    5,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A few of the Chinese players do smoke... But I'm not sure who they are.
    Some of the coaches smoke constantly... though.

    PS. I heard the hardest drinker is Zhang Ning

  8. #59
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    PS. I heard the hardest drinker is Zhang Ning
    I don't drink but I'll drink with ZN.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmashingSlash
    Hi there... jus wanna ask any of the top player in the world smokes...players like Taufik , Peter Gade,Kenneth Jonassen,Lin dan...do they smoke?
    How bout the top doubles player do they smoke?
    Taufik is one of them ... others not very sure but a lot double players r chimneys ...

  10. #61
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,701
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blovb.champ
    Taufik is one of them ... others not very sure but a lot double players r chimneys ...
    I think a number of Asian players smoke.

    There are logical reasons for this.

    Many of the players have backgrounds where they do not excel in academic studies. Thus, they get more easily drawn into smoking. Public health against smoking is weaker than in the western countries.

    Sun Jun is a smoker and amazingly can still win the World Champs.

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    I think a number of Asian players smoke.

    There are logical reasons for this.

    Many of the players have backgrounds where they do not excel in academic studies. Thus, they get more easily drawn into smoking. Public health against smoking is weaker than in the western countries.

    Sun Jun is a smoker and amazingly can still win the World Champs.
    Historical smoking is widespread amongst mainlanders, professional badminton players included. I remember seeing Sun Jun and Dai Yun at exhibition match in Sydney and noting the smoked like chimneys.

    Also saw some of the Japanese squad junior squad at a tournament quite a few years ago and note most of the players and coach smoked quite heavily

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does chun lai smoke? The colour of his teeth seems like he smokes oftenly.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    China/Denmark
    Posts
    5,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    Does chun lai smoke? The colour of his teeth seems like he smokes oftenly.
    Bao doesn't smoke. His teeth also look fine to me though.

  14. #65
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump_smash
    Historical smoking is widespread amongst mainlanders, professional badminton players included. I remember seeing Sun Jun and Dai Yun at exhibition match in Sydney and noting the smoked like chimneys.

    Also saw some of the Japanese squad junior squad at a tournament quite a few years ago and note most of the players and coach smoked quite heavily
    In stark contrast, I was born and raised in Santa Monica, a local beach city in West Los Angeles where famous people, trends and health craze abound. I didn't know anyone that smoked until I started going to USC.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    singapore-australia
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    professional athletes should not smoke, well no one should but more so for them.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if i'm not mistaken, LCW does..

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump_smash
    Both Sun Jun and Dai Yun smoke like chimmneys!
    are you sure. omg... dai yun smokes...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •