User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    466
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Take a look at the new mizuno volleyball shoes....AWESOME!!!!

    After buying the mizuno wave blocker 2 (pic at the other thread "what badminton shoes do u wear?") n using it for my badminton games for past 6 mths, realised its a really good pair of shoes. So happened to be shopping at Jurong point World of Sports n came across the new Wave Lightning 2 ...i tink is selling ard $165, cant take my eyes off it!!!!!!! Now saving up to buy one pair of wave lightning 2.... Pic are below...the wave lightning 2 n wave stratosphere 5.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frankly, I don't think it is a good idea to use volleyball shoes for badminton.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    IDSG
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Frankly, I don't think it is a good idea to use volleyball shoes for badminton.
    May I know why? I thought both would have good and strong cushion.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msenghl
    May I know why? I thought both would have good and strong cushion.
    Volleyball shoes do provide good cushion, but usually are heavier than badminton shoes.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ive noticed that the Mizuno 9KV (volleyball) shoes are relatively higher off the ground than badminton shoes, which can contribute to injuries when moving, as I dont think they are designed lateral movement.

    What they DO do well is absorb shock. I have to admit they helped a lot in relieving the pressure from my knees when they were sore.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stantan
    Ive noticed that the Mizuno 9KV (volleyball) shoes are relatively higher off the ground than badminton shoes, which can contribute to injuries when moving, as I dont think they are designed lateral movement.

    What they DO do well is absorb shock. I have to admit they helped a lot in relieving the pressure from my knees when they were sore.
    one should judge each shoe individually.
    i agree, in this case, sole too thick and high, poor lateral movement and stability.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    GTA Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Frankly, I don't think it is a good idea to use volleyball shoes for badminton.
    I have the Mizuno Wave Block 2 (VBall shoes) and the Yones SHB 98. Alternate use.

    Its ok lah

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mizuno are specialists in sports shoes. They wouldn't make badminton shoes if they think volleyball shoes will do for badminton. The two games are different. Volleyball is mostly vertical, badminton is explosive, varied, lots of lunging, and stability, both vertical and lateral, is essential. If you move like a Lin Dan, wearing volleyball shoes will wreck your ankles.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Riga, Latvia, Europe
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Frankly, I don't think it is a good idea to use volleyball shoes for badminton.
    what about handball shoes then? Handball shoes are generally for more lateral support, but they are also heavier because of the same reason.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bought Mizuno Wave Lightning 2 from Mizuno Store in Paragon at S$140.25 after discount.

    Feel that the feet is touching the floor when wearing this pair of shoes, quite comfortable. Have wear this for 3 times playing badminton.

    When I play first played badminton this yr, I wore a pair of running shoes and nearly got my ankle sprain. So decided to get a pair of indoor shoes.

    I do not know what's the difference between volleyball and badminton shoes since both are indoor court shoes.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had bought wave spike 8 and it is light & comfortable. This is a volleyball shoes and I think that it can be use for badminton too.

    Since volleyball involve lots of movement like jumping & sprinting so volleyball shoes is more than sufficient and even better than badminton shoes. However if you wear badminton shoes to play volleyball, you might reduce your movement.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cliff76
    I had bought wave spike 8 and it is light & comfortable. This is a volleyball shoes and I think that it can be use for badminton too.

    Since volleyball involve lots of movement like jumping & sprinting so volleyball shoes is more than sufficient and even better than badminton shoes. However if you wear badminton shoes to play volleyball, you might reduce your movement.
    sooooo wrong. Badminton abuse your feet waaaaaaaaaay more than volleyball.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Proper Shoes for Sports

    I strongly believe that for your own good, you should wear proper shoes for the the sport. I am against the idea that when you play indoor court games, you can interchange shoes of basketball, handball, indoor soccer, squash, badminton, volleyball, netball, table tennis vice versa.
    I just can't understand player insist of wearing volleyball shoes to play badminton yet can't wear badminton shoes to play volleyball.
    You wear shoes to play the game it is designed for so as to avoid injury.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Mizuno are specialists in sports shoes. They wouldn't make badminton shoes if they think volleyball shoes will do for badminton. The two games are different. Volleyball is mostly vertical, badminton is explosive, varied, lots of lunging, and stability, both vertical and lateral, is essential. If you move like a Lin Dan, wearing volleyball shoes will wreck your ankles.
    i hope mizuno would also consider manufacturing big sized badminton shoes. the biggest they have is 10.5us. i use 11.5 or 12us that's i end up buying volleyball shoes.
    Last edited by bambini; 08-31-2005 at 02:27 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    : 04-18-2012, 05:17 AM
  2. Heights of Shoes - Mizuno Badminton/Volleyball/Asics/Yonex
    By dolbydj in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 4
    : 06-03-2011, 11:31 PM
  3. racquetball shoes or volleyball shoes
    By accent in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 6
    : 09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
  4. are badminton shoes the same as volleyball shoes?
    By Intr3pid in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 4
    : 10-29-2005, 11:26 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    : 08-11-2005, 06:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •