Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    550US, that's like 1000$ to a canadian address FYI
    aww man! ARE YOU SERIOUS? GET YOUR FRIEND TO SELL ME HIS 320!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't decide if I want the spring assisted clamps more, or if I want a crank more! If only I had an extra 150 to dish out, I WOULD!

I REALLY want the crank and upgrade to a Wise 2086, but then the spring assisted clamps are really important too. I was on a tennis forum and it's the same thing, everyone thinks I need spring assisted clamps.

HELP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    I can't decide if I want the spring assisted clamps more, or if I want a crank more! If only I had an extra 150 to dish out, I WOULD!

I REALLY want the crank and upgrade to a Wise 2086, but then the spring assisted clamps are really important too. I was on a tennis forum and it's the same thing, everyone thinks I need spring assisted clamps.

HELP!
    A stringing machine is a toy to stay.
    It is better to be right at first,
    Than to regret every time it is used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww man! ARE YOU SERIOUS? GET YOUR FRIEND TO SELL ME HIS 320!
    sorry, after some mulling over, he had decided to keep it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-ALPHA-REVO-4...QQcmdZViewItem

Try this one on ebay. (seller do not offer manufacture warranty)
    Last edited by Alexccs; 08-13-2005 at 11:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexccs
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-ALPHA-REVO-4...QQcmdZViewItem

Try this one on ebay. (seller do not offer manufacture warranty)
    hey that's a great find! i'm going to bid in a day or 2... but in the picture there's no clamps or mounts... do you think that might be an issue?

how much is the revo regularly? how much do you guys think I should bid max?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey that's a great find! i'm going to bid in a day or 2... but in the picture there's no clamps or mounts... do you think that might be an issue?

how much is the revo regularly? how much do you guys think I should bid max?
    From Eagnas.com, revo-4000 is US$679 (http://www.eagnas.com/compare.html)
    The 2nd pic (the box) show 2 tennis clamps (up right corner), 2 floatings clamps (blue), 2 pliers (yellow) and 4 mounts (light green)...
    Remember: Seller do not offer manufacture warranty. The only good things is 99.5% positive feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, you can buy a Revo 4K direct from Alpha for $599 plus shipping. It comes standard with tennis swivel clamps and badminton floating clamps. You can exchange the swivel clamps with badminton ones, if you'd like.

From what I've seen, stringing machines don't depreciate much. You do want to make sure what parts it comes with. Looking at the pictures, they seem quite complete (e.g., swivel clamps, floating clamps, support posts, basic tools, etc.).

Good luck bidding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check it out, Alpha Shuttle Express.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpha-Shuttle-Ex...QQcmdZViewItem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was hoping to snipe it for 400 dollars or lower, but it's been bidded for 417 the last time I checked. I have decided to go with the Laserfibre MS200 ECO.

Why? Well at first I was thinking about going with Eagnas because I could get all or most of the features for an affordable price. However their sales rep really made me consider. I first e-mailed about machines on the Lily-Lee web site. Victor messaged back, and gave me an e-mail saying that all machines sold were on the website. He also gave me a lot of information (probably pre-typed). I assumed he meant he did not have the machines I want, and I then asked if it was possible to upgrade/change cone lock clamp bases with spring assisted ones. I thought it was just a little part and it might be possible. I told them my question was because I was looking for a crank machine with spring assisted swivel clamps but they were all out of my budget. I also asked how much extra shipping would cost if I bought a ball hopper from them. (They cost around 50 Canadian in Toronto) This time it was Michelle who messaged back. All she said was that I could consider the Combo 910. She also didn't address my question about the ball hopper. This made me quite mad. I didn't like how they never addressed my questions directly and never ever considered my needs and wants. I thought if this is the customer service BEFORE I make my purchase, I can't even imagine how bad it'll be if I need their help AFTER my purchase.

I talked to Tim and Ted from Laserfibre again. I asked them many questions and brought up many issues but they were very informative and patient.

Also the Laserfibre really is a great peice of machinery. It is built like a tank, and the constant pull and any angle tensioner really makes it like no other dropweight. It only takes one pull so it's very fast and comparable to crank machines, and accuracy is unquestionable. Also they make the best flying clamps and I like their inside mounting system. They assured me these will work for badminton as well although I will probably get an extra pair of Yonex flying clamps. Thanks everyone for helping me with my decision.

I would like to know one more thing, I need to know where you guys get your strings. At my local shops, they sell BG65 for 10 dollars a peice, 8 dollars if you buy 10, or 145 dollars for a 200m reel. (all prices in Canadian) It is not extremely expensive but then this is only BG65. Other strings can cost a lot more. If anybody knows anywhere cheaper I'd greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided to go with the Laserfibre MS200 ECO.
    Probably a good choice.
    If you decide later on that you want to upgrade, it's unlikely that you'll lose much (if any) money by selling it second-hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the Laserfibre family!!! It's an extremely robust machine. Here is another site for your reference: http://www.keohi.com/tennis/index.htm

I have the TT version and it works out very well. Did you get the 360 double-action clamps? I have the single-action fixed clamps but I still prefer the 360 double-action ones.

Remember to write up a detailed report once you start stringing in the 30 lbs territory .

Well I was hoping to snipe it for 400 dollars or lower, but it's been bidded for 417 the last time I checked. I have decided to go with the Laserfibre MS200 ECO.

Why? Well at first I was thinking about going with Eagnas because I could get all or most of the features for an affordable price. However their sales rep really made me consider. I first e-mailed about machines on the Lily-Lee web site. Victor messaged back, and gave me an e-mail saying that all machines sold were on the website. He also gave me a lot of information (probably pre-typed). I assumed he meant he did not have the machines I want, and I then asked if it was possible to upgrade/change cone lock clamp bases with spring assisted ones. I thought it was just a little part and it might be possible. I told them my question was because I was looking for a crank machine with spring assisted swivel clamps but they were all out of my budget. I also asked how much extra shipping would cost if I bought a ball hopper from them. (They cost around 50 Canadian in Toronto) This time it was Michelle who messaged back. All she said was that I could consider the Combo 910. She also didn't address my question about the ball hopper. This made me quite mad. I didn't like how they never addressed my questions directly and never ever considered my needs and wants. I thought if this is the customer service BEFORE I make my purchase, I can't even imagine how bad it'll be if I need their help AFTER my purchase.

I talked to Tim and Ted from Laserfibre again. I asked them many questions and brought up many issues but they were very informative and patient.

Also the Laserfibre really is a great peice of machinery. It is built like a tank, and the constant pull and any angle tensioner really makes it like no other dropweight. It only takes one pull so it's very fast and comparable to crank machines, and accuracy is unquestionable. Also they make the best flying clamps and I like their inside mounting system. They assured me these will work for badminton as well although I will probably get an extra pair of Yonex flying clamps. Thanks everyone for helping me with my decision.

I would like to know one more thing, I need to know where you guys get your strings. At my local shops, they sell BG65 for 10 dollars a peice, 8 dollars if you buy 10, or 145 dollars for a 200m reel. (all prices in Canadian) It is not extremely expensive but then this is only BG65. Other strings can cost a lot more. If anybody knows anywhere cheaper I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 08-17-2005 at 01:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank-you I've already seen that website. I have not ordered yet, but I will not have fixed clamps for sure. I just can't afford it. However I am leaning towards the upgradable ECO model for 50 dollars more.

Please tell me where you guys buy your tools and strings!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually, it is better to get four Yonex flying clamps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Yonex flying clamps? THat will hurt the wallet ><" Do you think the ones from Eagnas will work? The silver ones that look like Yonex's. They are much cheaper... Also I was looking at a older post and Neil had the big black clamps that seem to be replica's of the Klippermate clamps, what do you think of those? Please tell me all the tools I will need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Tools

I would recommend a starting clamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Eagnas 722e? You can buy it from eBay less than 300 dollars. You must buy swivel clamps for badminton too (2x40 dollars).

Only thing what you could want with it is spring assistent swivel clamp bases. Eagnas sells those separately to the some of their models for the price 100 dollars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast