User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AUG in Brisbane

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default AUG in Brisbane

    Not sure if I should be posting here or in the Tournament's forum but here goes...


    Anyone here going to play at the Australian University Games (AUG) this year? Apparently it's going to be held at the Sleeman centre in Brisbane.

    Does anyone know what the hall there is like? Condition of the place etc?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria - Australia
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think there are a few ppl here in the Melbourne Uni. team..

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney and JKT
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I'll be there playing... not sure how well UTS can go tho

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by libra
    Not sure if I should be posting here or in the Tournament's forum but here goes...


    Anyone here going to play at the Australian University Games (AUG) this year? Apparently it's going to be held at the Sleeman centre in Brisbane.

    Does anyone know what the hall there is like? Condition of the place etc?

    The best courts you can get in Queensland. The lightings are made for
    badminton. I play there quite often. I will go to watch the (AUG). Less
    than 10 minutes drive from my home. PM me if any of u need more
    informations.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's good to know... in most halls around Australia the lighting is a big issue.

    Kong, have you been watching the games? Are there many good players there? I wish I had gone this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by kong-19
    The best courts you can get in Queensland. The lightings are made for
    badminton. I play there quite often. I will go to watch the (AUG). Less
    than 10 minutes drive from my home. PM me if any of u need more
    informations.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by libra
    That's good to know... in most halls around Australia the lighting is a big issue.

    Kong, have you been watching the games? Are there many good players there? I wish I had gone this year.
    Hi libra

    The first day. I was there 2 hours in the morning. Yesterday
    I noticed 2 very good male players from UNSW. Their smashes
    & defence were fantastic. The opponent was one of the top
    player from UQ. He only got 2 points in the first game & nothing
    in the second. There are good players from MU as well.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Brisbane Badminton

    Sadly that hall is planned to be demolished soon. The Brisbane Entertainment Centre has 8 courts (convertable to 20 courts for events), fully air-conditioned. The Dragon Badminton Club plays there weekly. Visit www.dragonclub.org for details.

Similar Threads

  1. Brisbane Badminton
    By Dragon Club in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    : 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
  2. Hello From Brisbane Australia!!!!
    By bradmyster in forum Introduction
    Replies: 5
    : 01-29-2009, 05:08 AM
  3. Anyone to play with in Brisbane QUT
    By jamesd20 in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 2
    : 08-08-2006, 01:51 AM
  4. Need someone to play in Brisbane
    By Jen in forum General Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 03-28-2006, 06:28 AM
  5. Brisbane, Australia
    By big kahuna in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    : 08-06-2004, 04:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •