Tender left ligament

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Notnimdab729, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Hi,
    Does anyone know what is the causes of soft tender(weak) left knee(behind the left knee) ligament? I just feel sore and weak after every vigorous badminton game. My left knee ligament just gave me this headache problem after every game. Any advice? Thank u.
    Lee:confused:

2. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

u r better stay off court for 3-4 months...and go see a doctor..my right knee give me the same problem 2...and just went to the knee doctor today........tendor on my outside right knee teared.......need at lease 6-8 wks away from the court:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    From your symptons, you seem to have patello pain. Your knee is probably out of alignment - not tracking probably. Go see a sport medicine doctor first. Usually, biking and knee squats will stabilize your knee.

4. Notnimdab729

Deputy General Manager
    Weak left ligament

Hi Pete,
    thanks for yr advice. In fact, everytime when I played a vigorous game or whenever I jumped, and if I land with my left foot, my left knee's ligament cant support my weight and I will tend to slip to the left.The hind side of my left leg near the knee side seem cant support my increased body weight. I ma afraid it will soon give way.:crying: i still love this game. That is why I keep carrying on playing.Maybe I should go and consult a physiotherapist.
    Lee:confused:

5. psplrd

psplrd Regular Member

Well...
    I have had an episode of right knee sprain years back, feeling just a little weak and was told to have torn the midial ligament. Didn't really take the advice seriously...got over the injury and returned to play. Who knows, few months later, another episode of knee sprain and ....there you go:crying: , ruptured my ACL (cruciated ligament) and tore my meniscus (little thingy between your knee for cushioning purpose). First surgery to fix the meniscus but the knee was very unstable (give-way everytime I ran from back court to the net). Another surgery again to reconstruct my ACL and 6 more months to "re-train"!!!

Therefore, you may really want to seek serious medical advice if one wants to stay in court longer...

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    My goodness, you had very serious knee injury!!! Have you been doing squats to stablize your knee? And do you take joint supplements? I find both very effective in maintaining stable joints.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I am not sure about physiotherapist but a sport medicine doctor should be consulted first.

8. Notnimdab729

Deputy General Manager
    tender weak ligament

Hi All,
    Thanks again for yr advice. At the moment, I did take some glucon to strengthen the knees' joints. But I think the ligament is a different thing all together. Hope that it is not a tear or will be very troublesome.To lay off for a cpuple of months is dammed long man.:crying:
    I will be bored to death:eek: This time, an apple a day will not keep my doc away!!!:eek:

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Guys, guys, guys! Do you just play baddy and nothing else? In order to maintain and/or excel in badminton or in any sport for that matter, you need to workout on the side. The sport takes a huge toll on your bodies (especially your joints), the more/harder you play the more you have to crosstrain! You need good physical conditioning to be injury-free. Hopefully others read your posts and take heed:(.

10. psplrd

psplrd Regular Member

Well...
    The surgery was miraculously a success :D ...but yup, lots of squats to strengthen muscles. Since literature and clinical evidence agreed to start exercise ASAP after surgery to prevent the knee from getting stiff. In fact, I was overdoing it and thus, some of the sutures popped open :eek: (yeh, yikes...). Nonetheless, it is easy to overcome the physical stuff but the psychological trauma took even longer during rehab :(

11. Noob848

Noob848 Regular Member

Try a knee support band, when i jump smash i always land on my left leg and it hurts like hell, so my dad advised me to use a knee support band and it feels better now, but still kinda hurts after a vigorous game