Chetan Anand married !

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by studsgaard, Aug 16, 2005.

1. studsgaard

studsgaard Regular Member

student
    The Indian national Badminton player has been married to the other badminton Player Gutta Jwala..:D Congratulations to them.

[​IMG]

2. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Cant seem to open the pic.Plz repost.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Another one getting married? Wow..

4. neoking

neoking Regular Member

Buyer
    Snap

Posted engagement snap ...

Attached Files:

• cajg.jpg
      cajg.jpg
      File size:
      23.6 KB
      Views:
    #4 neoking, Aug 17, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  5. studsgaard

studsgaard Regular Member

student
    Here you go...!! :D
    [​IMG]

6. seawell

seawell Regular Member

City greats bless smashing pair Game point and match for Chetan, Jwala

FROM ONE ACE TO ANOTHER: Chess champion Koneru Humpy greeting newly-wed couple Chetan Anand and Gutta Jwala at a reception at Imperial Gardens in Secunderabad on Sunday. - Photo: Mohd. Yousuf

HYDERABAD: Chetan Anand and Gutta Jwala, the two former national badminton champions, would love to remember the Sunday evening for a long, long time as the city's elite blessed the newly-wed couple at the Imperial Gardens. There were long queues of well-wishers waiting for their turn to greet the couple. Led by megastar Chiranjeevi, everyone who is someone in the City of Pearls was there.

The unobtrusive former World junior chess champion Koneru Humpy, accompanied by her father Ashok, and IM Lanka Ravi too were there. So were the politicians from different parties including Secunderabad MP Anjan Kumar Yadav, CPI (M) leader B.V.Raghavulu, and Daggubati Purandareshwari, MP.

But the gentleman who was the cynosure of all eyes was the Dronacharya S.M.Arif who is credited with grooming Jwala into a champion shuttler since she was 10 years of age. The warmth of Jwala's father Kranthi and his Chinese wife was too discernible to be ignored as they welcomed guests with a smile.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      17 KB
      Views:
  7. seawell

seawell Regular Member

A smashing welcome

JODI NO. 1: Shuttlers Chetan Anand and Jwala Gutta at the felicitation function in Hyderabad on Monday. Photo: Satish H.

HYDERABAD: Badminton players Chetan Anand, Gutta Jwala, Shruthi Kurien and Saina Nehwal who returned to Hyderabad after participating in the Commonwealth Games at Melbourne were felicitated by the Sports Minister Mr. M.Satyanarayana Rao here on Monday.

Also present were the Chairman, Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh Mr. M.S. Raj Thakur, and SAAP Vice-Chairman and Managing Director Mr. Kamalavardhan Rao.

Members of a delegation comprising officials and politicians who had been to Melbourne to study the infrastructure there, so that they may be replicated in Hyderabad for the World Military Games, were also present at the function.

The medal winners were in the spotlight, albeit briefly, and were adorned by garlands and shawls. Dronacharya awardee S.M. Arif, who had trained most of the medal winners and former all England champion, Pullela Gopichand were also present.

But conspicuous by his absence was another sportsperson from the city - the winner of four gold medals in shooting - Gagan Narang, who is expected to arrive on Tuesday.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      12.1 KB
      Views:
  8. seawell

seawell Regular Member

`I changed you'

Badminton duo Chetan Anand and Jwala Gutta, upbeat after their good performance at the Commonwealth Games, want their due place in the sun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't you feel bad that you aren't talked about like Sania Mirza? Jwala

The celebrations and the cheer evidently greet you when you meet the families of badminton couple Chetan Anand and Jwala Gutta. He won a bronze and she made her mark in the Indian doubles team at the recently concluded Commonwealth Games. After the hectic travelling, gruelling training sessions and demanding games over the last few months, the two are enjoying a breather.

The players grill each other about badminton, their personal lives and future plans as Sangeetha Devi. K tunes in...

Jwala: I'm really happy that you've won at the Commonwealth Games. I know it means a lot to you. You were included in the team in the last minute, though I thought you deserved your place there much earlier.

Chetan: Yes, I had to prove myself. I was a bit tense before the tournament and all of you stood by me. It's always nice to win a medal for the country.

Jwala: True. And it's also nice to return home and see badminton being recognised. Otherwise, cricket and tennis get all the limelight. Tell me, who would you dedicate this medal to?

Chetan: To my father, who retired in March, and then to you and your parents.

Jwala: I think you should dedicate it to dad (referring to Chetan's father) first. If not for his support, you wouldn't have reached so far today.

Chetan: I am happy I could play this time. I missed out the last Commonwealth games despite having played consistently in the previous months.

Jwala: Yes, last time you weren't even in the probable list. That was disheartening. This time though, though I was concerned and nervous, I knew you'd make it. If you hadn't, I would have consoled you saying the Olympics and the Grand Prix matter more (laughs).

Chetan: You've been following most of my matches. But I normally avoid seeing you play since it adds to my tension.

Jwala: For some people, it matters to see their near and dear ones among the audience, cheering for them. Thankfully, I become oblivious to my surroundings. When I see you play, I get worked up. I get a headache, backache and my stomach begins to churn. I feel like yelling, "Oh Chetan, just win!"

Chetan: You observe my game well and point out when I go wrong. That really matters.

(Their talk shifts to training facilities in India)

Jwala: The training here isn't at par with international levels. We've benefited a lot from Morten Frost Hansten. He's a legend.

Chetan: Absolutely. I believe that youngsters will benefit from good coaching and some sponsorships.

Jwala: There is a notion that badminton is a boring game and getting sponsors is tough. Chetan, do you ever feel that despite international victories, you don't get talked about like Sania Mirza?

Chetan: It doesn't affect me much. But yeah, my world ranking is 21 and I doubt how many people know that. Within a year, I want to break into the top 10.

Jwala: You want to coach youngsters a few years later, don't you? But I can't see myself doing that. It's like asking for more tension. I'd start a sports management company and promote young talent.

Chetan: But whatever we do, it will concern badminton. The sport was instrumental in getting us together.

Jwala: Yeah, we've known each other since kids and never once did I think we'd end up being a couple.

Chetan: When did you realise we were in love?

Jwala: Sometime in 1999.

Chetan: It wasn't like we proposed or anything, but just knew that we were there for each other.

Jwala: I'm lucky that your family has been so supportive. They've been so open about me pursuing the sport after marriage.

Chetan: Both our families are quite broad minded. My parents belong to different religions and had a love marriage. Similarly your parents are from different nations - your father is a Telugu and mother is from China. But I must tell you that you've changed after marriage. You used to have short hair. I'm proud of having convinced you to grow your hair.

Jwala: I was planning to grow my hair in any case. I was the one who changed you. You coloured your hair and you aren't shy like before.

Chetan: I wouldn't speak to girls earlier (laughs).

Jwala: I think your earlier shyness came from your coaching days in Vijayawada where boys were not allowed to talk to girls. Now you only talk to girls!

DREAM TEAM Love on the court blossomed into marriage off it for this couple

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      21 KB
      Views:
  9. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

He has a pretty wife

10. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :D :D Congratulations Chetan and Gutta...:D :D

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

aww... so sweet, yeah beautiful wife.. congratulations!!!

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Both of them are very tall. I'm sure their future kids will be a big time athlete. Congrats!

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

2 pics... Dutch Open 2007

Attached Files:

14. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    This is all over now between them (source : BadZine)

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one