User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    i reccomend using thin strings for MP100. please note that MP100 and MP99 are different rackets. it is true that the MP100 has more power than MP99 but since u have been using the mp99 ,more power is not what you're use to. please give it time, most people underestimate this racket.
    Would you guys recommend BG-80, I can get hold of that pretty easily and cheaply?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Scott
    Would you guys recommend BG-80, I can get hold of that pretty easily and cheaply?
    It's definitely worth a shot. You are not going to lose anything on this attempt: if u don't like it, cut it, and use something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used bg85 on mine at 23lbs once, it didn't last very long and it lost it's tension quick, but it was a nice sharp explosive hit when i had it. Alos keep in mind that 85 is thinner thn 80 but close to the same string still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Again Everyone,
    I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your help, I've been using the MP-100 alot over the past week or so and I'm really playing much better with it now, I have been able to access that awesome power and I have been playing some pretty good net shots aswell . I havn't changed the string as yet, I think I'll keep these BG-65P untill they snap.
    Thanks again, I really appriciate all help!
    Jay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my reccomendation: if you play with plastic, use BG80. if you play with feather, use BG85. I personally use BG68ti which i also reccomend for plastic birds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took me a while couple of years ago to change from TI 10 to MS 100 (heavier than Ti10 personal feeling) because i had to adjust to the timing. Both are great rackets. When I started playing badminton, I had problems to use the said racket for backhand but now after couple of years playing this fantastic game, my wrist is much stronger now and I feel that both rackets are complete for me. As my reflex is very good, even both are heavy rackets, I can play very good and fast drive with both rackets for double without saying the incredible feeling for the smashes. If you get used to one racket, you can play all kind of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mp100 is a great racket. I bought mine 4 years ago, and after 2 years, i have tried mp88, armortec 800 def, armortec 700, and recently nanospeed 8000, only to come back to mp100 in the end...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, Tony Gunawan and Zhang Jun are still using mp100..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try stringing them both wih the same string... it's REALLY unfair that the 99 gets BG88Ti. That is one of the best strings I've ever used and 65P isn't all so great at all.

I think you should probably use something like BG65, BG66, BG80, or BG85 at same tensions. That would be a good way to compare. A string like 88Ti has a rough surface so it may gives extra control which might shadow the frame with better control. I think the 4 strings above are pretty fair playtesting strings.

Personally I own a MP100 and I tried a MP99. The MP99 is easier to use. It's less head heavy and has a huge sweetspot. I bought the MP100. Why? Well first of all the MP100 packs a HUGE punch because of the headheaviness. Also, I think the MP100 is really stiff. It's less "whippy" unlike the MP99. Thus having better control. It's just immensely hard to use and I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried MP100 just yesterday
    Bg65Ti ~ 26lbx28lb (according to owner)
    pure beast, no power loss, 9/10 control
    um........mp100

<===usual mp99 user 2U@25lb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well stick with the MP99, after all, it's not as if it's a bad racquet. From what I've seen, MP100 is more associated with Doubles or Mixed and MP99 is used more for singles. It's your preference though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GunBlade008
    Might as well stick with the MP99, after all, it's not as if it's a bad racquet. From what I've seen, MP100 is more associated with Doubles or Mixed and MP99 is used more for singles. It's your preference though
    I thought it's the other way around, that you would want a stronger racquet to help you with clears and smashes as you are covering the whole court by yourself. In doubles, you would probably want a racquet that has quick responses and manuverable for quicker play.

Anyway, the MP-100 is probably the most powerful since it is the stiffest. Those who don't like the 2U should try the 3U as it still retain most of its power but lighter, a little more manuverable, and less stiff. My brother did not like the 2U version as he claimed it was too stiff and too heavy. He thought that he didn't like stiff racquets so I let him try all my other racquets including the Ti-10s (2U & 3U), MP-99s (2U & 3U), AT-800 DE (4U), ISO-800 Tour (2U), Cab-20L (2U) and some other ones but it turns out that he didn't like the MP-100 because it was a 2U. The 3U MP-100 was just right in terms of stiffness and weight distribution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same i thought it was the other way but does it really matter?

i have a mp100 3u5g with bg68ti and i would have to say that it is a really great racquet. it is a very unforgiving racquet which i find decent to train with since it requires you to hit most of your shots in the swt spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again guys,
    Thanks again for all of your help and advice on this thread. I have been away on holiday in Portugal for the past week so I haven't been able to post any replies. I have been using it almost constantly before I went on holl and I have noticed a steady inprovement of my use of the racket and some of its great attributes are starting to appear in my game .

HOWEVER...

I am now in a dilemma as my friend (Will Ko, also a BC member) has brought me a 2U Ti-10 back from his holiday in Hong Kong, it is strung with BG-80 at 24lbs but I don't know which one I should be using the most or when I should use each rackets, what would you guys choose?

...ahhhh the joys of having a good racket collection lol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again guys,
    Thanks again for all of your help and advice on this thread. I have been away on holiday in Portugal for the past week so I haven't been able to post any replies. I have been using it almost constantly before I went on holl and I have noticed a steady inprovement of my use of the racket and some of its great attributes are starting to appear in my game .

HOWEVER...

I am now in a dilemma as my friend (Will Ko, also a BC member) has brought me a 2U Ti-10 back from his holiday in Hong Kong, it is strung with BG-80 at 24lbs but I don't know which one I should be using the most or when I should use each rackets, what would you guys choose?

...ahhhh the joys of having a good racket collection lol .
    IMO, Ti-10 and MP88 is pretty darn close... either is ok... i've strung my mp100 at 25lb with 85 and it feels great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few years ago, I bought one TI10 and add on another one for back up. After that I bought 2x MP100 and add on one more after the breakage. So until now I broke one TI10 and 2x MP100. At the moment I am still owning one TI10 and MP100 but thinking to buy another racket. Maybe the Armotec 800DF, after hearing so many fragile posting about the Nanospeed series. I like both Ti10 and MP100 but at the moment I give a slight advantage to the TI10. Since I play a lot of drives and have very good reflelxes, I can defence quite well with such a headheavy racket. And to smash with the TI10 is just incredible. Best power racket ever. But since Yonex stoped the production for the TI10, it's quite difficult to find supply here. An official Yonex shop in Taiwan has still few TI10 left for NTD 4500 (USD 147). Same price as the brand new Nanospeed 8000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drivemaster
    Few years ago, I bought one TI10 and add on another one for back up. After that I bought 2x MP100 and add on one more after the breakage. So until now I broke one TI10 and 2x MP100. At the moment I am still owning one TI10 and MP100 but thinking to buy another racket. Maybe the Armotec 800DF, after hearing so many fragile posting about the Nanospeed series. I like both Ti10 and MP100 but at the moment I give a slight advantage to the TI10. Since I play a lot of drives and have very good reflelxes, I can defence quite well with such a headheavy racket. And to smash with the TI10 is just incredible. Best power racket ever. But since Yonex stoped the production for the TI10, it's quite difficult to find supply here. An official Yonex shop in Taiwan has still few TI10 left for NTD 4500 (USD 147). Same price as the brand new Nanospeed 8000.
    Since they cost the same, you may be better off with something more modern. The ti-10 obtainable from Taiwan are mostly 3u versions, whereas most of the users who claim the ti-10 to be a monster (in power) use a 2u version. Assuming you used a 3u ti-10, you would find it easier to adapt to even balanced or lighter (modern) racquets.

I have tried both the ti-10 (3u) and the ns8000 (3u), but they did not feel similar. However, the final choice lies with you - after taking them for a spin.
    Last edited by jcl49; 09-05-2005 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Sorry - this reply is a bit off topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2