User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default when to buy a racket?

hey, ive been playin badminton for about 6 months and absouloutly love it! anyways currently im at a high beginner or low intermidiate level and im using a yonex isometric 30. I can get a new racket now, at christmas or in may. do u think that i should get an intermidiate level racket right now (BK rapier pro) or if i should wait till may (maybe christmas too) and get a higher "level" racket (yonex armortec 500). I dont have too much money so i want to use it wisely, i also want the racket to last for at least a year (if it doesnt break, knock on wood). by the way i mostly play singles(will also be playin doubles though too), i THINK im an offensive player, im not toooo worried about durability since ill MOSTLY be playin singles and as i said before i want it to last for a year. If there is a better racket for me that suits my style and is "better" than the AT500 or BK rapier pro then please let me know. if u have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks a lot!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    hey, ive been playin badminton for about 6 months and absouloutly love it! anyways currently im at a high beginner or low intermidiate level and im using a yonex isometric 30. I can get a new racket now, at christmas or in may. do u think that i should get an intermidiate level racket right now (BK rapier pro) or if i should wait till may (maybe christmas too) and get a higher "level" racket (yonex armortec 500). I dont have too much money so i want to use it wisely, i also want the racket to last for at least a year (if it doesnt break, knock on wood). by the way i mostly play singles(will also be playin doubles though too), i THINK im an offensive player, im not toooo worried about durability since ill MOSTLY be playin singles and as i said before i want it to last for a year. If there is a better racket for me that suits my style and is "better" than the AT500 or BK rapier pro then please let me know. if u have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks a lot!!
    Sounds like AT700 is for you, simply because it will probably fit your style and is better than AT500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you should save more money for like MP 99 or like a At700...Honestly, it's really up to you..Ask your friends to lend you some racquets to try them out..So you'll know which one you really like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, thanks for replying so fast! Anyways i would try out some rackets before i buy them but i dont think the store lets you (RA sports shoppe). The only racket that a friend hgas that is similar to the AT500 is an AT800def which is not quite the same (probably as close as il get though). Ive also read that most ppl perfer the AT500 over the AT700 and the AT500 is cheaper so i dont know if the extra $$ is worth it. ANyways thanks for your input.

PS: i forgot to mention that i play badminton about 2-5 hours a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just an "update", i found an AT500 for 130$ canadian (about 110$ US or 180$SGD)with strings. I think im gonna buy it soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways i would try out some rackets before i buy them but i dont think the store lets you (RA sports shoppe).
    You play at RA? if you do, i can get some friends to let you test out some of theirs. like quik_silver said, its up to you. but...i personally liek the ghost pc its REaLLY liGHT! 75graMS! and i still CAN SMASh like a maD mAN!! woohoo!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to demo as many rackets as possible (rent from store, borrow from friends, etc). Don't just limit ur choice in 1 brand or 1 /2 models. After ur own testing, i am sure u can figure out the best performance vs. price combo for urself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badm addict
    You play at RA? if you do, i can get some friends to let you test out some of theirs. like quik_silver said, its up to you. but...i personally liek the ghost pc its REaLLY liGHT! 75graMS! and i still CAN SMASh like a maD mAN!! woohoo!
    no i dont play at the RA actually. Im gonna join either the RA(junior weekends) or soong in the badminton "season". But starting today im goin to play badminton for a whole week (camp) so if anyone there has one of the rackets listed ill prob ask to try it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

you can go to YO'S first markham there it is possible to lend racket!

MING

no i dont play at the RA actually. Im gonna join either the RA(junior weekends) or soong in the badminton "season". But starting today im goin to play badminton for a whole week (camp) so if anyone there has one of the rackets listed ill prob ask to try it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MING PARIS
    you can go to YO'S first markham there it is possible to lend racket!

MING
    from where i live(ottawa) it takes about 4.5 to 5 hours to get to toronto (where Yo's is located) so i dont think that woould be an option, unless i found ssomewhere there to play (all day). Anyways thanks for your suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey badm_addict, check ur PMs

thanks