training at home

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Seifer, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Seifer

Seifer New Member

Hi
    Im usually alone in the house and i never really get out every week, but i want to improve my skills even though i am not in the court. How can i improve while at home? are there any exercises that i can do?

thanks,
    Seifer:D

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Hitting the shuttle against a wall is good for reflexes: stand 2-3 m from the wall and do flat backhand drives.

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You can do loads of fitness work :)

With no accessories, or just a few cheap ones, you have everything you need for top quality fitness training. If you live in an area with a nice place to run or cycle, or with a cheap nearby swimming pool, that's even better.

Running, swimming, cycling, body resistance exercises (circuit training), other forms of speed training (search forums for "air alert"), balance training (core stability).

Fitness training will make you feel great and will massively improve your performance on court.

Apart from that, you could practise footwork, but that is more effective on court.

You can also practise cutting the shuttle for spinning netshots. See the backhand spinning netshot video on www.ibbs.tv for instructions.

4. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    Hi Seifer,
    U can do some juggling of shuttlecocks at home. Dont let the shuttlecock drop on the floor. see how many times u can control the shuttle? Once u can control it in the air, then try to send to the spot u want. Ways to learn placement.Besides hitting shuttle to a flat wall to train reflexes, u can also use a badminton racket with its cover on and swing as many times as possible: intially using forehand and then backhand. The resistance created will improve yr swings and strokes in this game. Adios.;)
    Adidas:D

5. Seifer

Seifer New Member

Thanks guys! :D I'll try them out.:rolleyes:

6. ChompChomp

ChompChomp Regular Member

Train your wrist and leg power...

wrist : fill up a water bottle with water or sand, move in up n down using ur wrist like how you hold a racket

leg : stand in a position where by u r going reveice a net shot, stay in the position for few min

7. Surreal

Surreal Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion , it is best to train your fitness at home. Skills on court.
    But skills can be trained at home too of course.Such as hitting the shuttle against the wall , or praticing strokes with (heavier/with cover/tennis/squash) racquet.Using tennis and squash racquets can cause serious injuries if you are swinging the wrong way though.