User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Pills for joints.

Hi,

Is there anyone tried pills like glucosamine or triflex? Is it good? Which one do you recommend and why? Any side effect? I was told it is good for joints. Triflex seems to have sulfur for pain killer. If it helps in healing joints, I don't mind trying. Just a bit weary on the side effects. Advice welcome. Any doctor friends you have? Any other recommendations? Pls make sure its approved by fda ok?

tks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take Glucosamine Sulfate, which I find it good for my knees. You have to take is regularly for at least four weeks to see any results though. Ther are many types, for now I take the simple chewable ones. Some will have MSM and Chonidriton (or however it is spelled)

Only side effect I've has is a little bit of gas with the one brand when I first started taking it. I take about 1500 mg a day of GS.

MSM seems to work for people who have arthritis - hands and feet in particular.

Don't know anything about Triflex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good pill with no side efffects is cod liver oil.

Good for bones and joints. Though it's more designed for use over long periods of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also just started taking glucocsamine sulphate because of a knee ligament injury. I've been told to stay on them for 2 years, with a 2 week break each year, or more as the more you build up in your system the better the effect will be on joints, cartlidge and ligaments.
    Physio said they were the best pill out on the market.

And, as far as i know, there are no side effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Webber's Naturals

Glucosamine Sulphate (Glucosamine HCL is also okay) - 1500 mg
    Chondroitin Sulphate - 1200 mg
    Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSN) - 1000 to 1200 mg
    Celadrin - 1150 mg
    Bromelain - 1000 mg
    Calcium & Magnesium Citrate with Vitamin D - 500 mg/500mg
    S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) - 200 mg
    Fish Oil -

Side Effects? None so far except a bit more gas than usual & very expensive on one's pocket!!!
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 08-17-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Pills

Hi Xtreme,
    I use to consume Glucon,which contains Glucosamine sulphate n Chondritin. good for joints, knees. Two pills a day. It was recommended by my friends from General Hospital. Well, I feel great. So, I did recommend it to my sis who is 60+yrs for joints n knees health.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe
    Hi,

Is there anyone tried pills like glucosamine or triflex? Is it good? Which one do you recommend and why? Any side effect? I was told it is good for joints. Triflex seems to have sulfur for pain killer. If it helps in healing joints, I don't mind trying. Just a bit weary on the side effects. Advice welcome. Any doctor friends you have? Any other recommendations? Pls make sure its approved by fda ok?

tks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ive had a knee reconstruction 9months ago and have been on glucosamine sulphate for the past couple of months I think it has made a difference or it could be all mental

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, it's not psychological ! What kind of knee reconstruction did you go through?

Quote Originally Posted by Flook
    Hi Ive had a knee reconstruction 9months ago and have been on glucosamine sulphate for the past couple of months I think it has made a difference or it could be all mental

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Hey, it's not psychological ! What kind of knee reconstruction did you go through?
    I was lucky I only needed the ACL reconstructed, some people have multiple ligament damage and or cartlige damage and their knee remains fairly rooted after surgery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NUTRILITE™ Glucosamine HCl,

is this ok?
    http://www.nutrilite.com/en-us/Natur...ucosamine.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. i am gluco free since when I drink kangen water. After 2 weeks of trial. You can try it for free if you want. There are acids forming inside the joints. Once you removed it, it's gone. It's also good for gout or severe osteoarthritis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got backbone injured b4. Recently start learning to play single, double the footwork effort and cause my knee sore

Besides wearing knee support, now taking the Joint Formula with glucosamine & chondroitin for about a month.

No special effect to me maybe I still play badminton 3 times a week.

I think I should reduce to 2 times a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glucosomine rocks! i used to take for my knee when i was training for the KL Marathon, "cartilamine" is a clinically proven brand (750 mg per 2 tabs) 2x daily but it didnt work as well as Vitril S (1500 mg per sachet) which i only take after a long run.

apparently glucosomine + chondroitin works better but I don't support eating shark as some glucosomine + chondroitin supplements are made from shark cartilage (fins).

the killing stops when the buying stops.

hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downed 2 large containers of glucosomine with MSN and chro . something. No effect at all. It probably works only if you have joint related issues. Most knee pains is caused by inflamed tendons. My problem is the inner side of my left knee hurts after aggressive games. The best anti inflammatory medicine I have taken is Arcoxia but I am allergic to it. Prednisolone is the next best thing. It is dirt cheap and works wonders but only for a very short term ( 1 - 2 weeks). Only use it when my knees start acting up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Hi,

tks.

Hi there bro .....

Sorry to hear that you're in pain.

My knees used to give me problems last time, especially after badminton or futsal.
    I was recommended Seven Seas glucosamine pills and they did help.
    After regular consumption, the pain in my knee joints were gone .... i have stopped taking them for about a year plus now.....
    But now that i'm playing more badminton than ever, the pain has returned.
    I'm back on it now, and the pain is gone again ...... psychological or not, it worked for me !

Name:  05012335850804_1_height_250.jpg
Views: 3477
Size:  56.6 KB

I'm currently taking the above supplement, it comes with a month's supply of both
    Glucosamine AND Cod Liver Oil capsules.

http://www.seven-seas.com/products/s.../jointcare-max

It's available at most Pharmacies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the past month, i've been taking glucosomine tablets twice a day, brand "Move Free" that i bought from Costco in the US.
    it has eliminated my knee pain when playing. however, my neice was baptized yesterday and at the church i kneeled down and the knees hurt!

anyways, hope more players take this. it seems to help the joints a lot with no side effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glucosamine is what my mum swears by. As long as you stick to natural herbal remedies I doubt you will be breaching drugs rules.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast