Pills for joints.

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by extremenanopowe, Aug 17, 2005.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hi,

Is there anyone tried pills like glucosamine or triflex? Is it good? Which one do you recommend and why? Any side effect? I was told it is good for joints. Triflex seems to have sulfur for pain killer. If it helps in healing joints, I don't mind trying. Just a bit weary on the side effects. Advice welcome. Any doctor friends you have? Any other recommendations? Pls make sure its approved by fda ok?

tks.:D

2. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I take Glucosamine Sulfate, which I find it good for my knees. You have to take is regularly for at least four weeks to see any results though. Ther are many types, for now I take the simple chewable ones. Some will have MSM and Chonidriton (or however it is spelled)

Only side effect I've has is a little bit of gas with the one brand when I first started taking it. I take about 1500 mg a day of GS.

MSM seems to work for people who have arthritis - hands and feet in particular.

Don't know anything about Triflex.

3. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    A good pill with no side efffects is cod liver oil.

Good for bones and joints. Though it's more designed for use over long periods of time.

4. CG 99

CG 99 Regular Member

student
    I've also just started taking glucocsamine sulphate because of a knee ligament injury. I've been told to stay on them for 2 years, with a 2 week break each year, or more as the more you build up in your system the better the effect will be on joints, cartlidge and ligaments.
    Physio said they were the best pill out on the market.

And, as far as i know, there are no side effects.;)

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Webber's Naturals

Glucosamine Sulphate (Glucosamine HCL is also okay) - 1500 mg
    Chondroitin Sulphate - 1200 mg
    Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSN) - 1000 to 1200 mg
    Celadrin - 1150 mg
    Bromelain - 1000 mg
    Calcium & Magnesium Citrate with Vitamin D - 500 mg/500mg
    S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) - 200 mg
    Fish Oil -

Side Effects? None so far except a bit more gas than usual :D:D:D & very expensive on one's pocket!!!

#5 Pete LSD, Aug 17, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  6. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Pills

Hi Xtreme,
    I use to consume Glucon,which contains Glucosamine sulphate n Chondritin. good for joints, knees. Two pills a day. It was recommended by my friends from General Hospital. Well, I feel great. So, I did recommend it to my sis who is 60+yrs for joints n knees health.:D
    Lee

7. Flook

Flook New Member

Hi Ive had a knee reconstruction 9months ago and have been on glucosamine sulphate for the past couple of months I think it has made a difference or it could be all mental:)

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Hey, it's not psychological :)! What kind of knee reconstruction did you go through?

9. Flook

Flook New Member

I was lucky I only needed the ACL reconstructed, some people have multiple ligament damage and or cartlige damage and their knee remains fairly rooted after surgery.

10. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

11. extremenanopowe

haha. i am gluco free since when I drink kangen water. After 2 weeks of trial. ;) You can try it for free if you want. There are acids forming inside the joints. Once you removed it, it's gone. ;) It's also good for gout or severe osteoarthritis. ;)

12. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

I got backbone injured b4. Recently start learning to play single, double the footwork effort and cause my knee sore :crying:

Besides wearing knee support, now taking the Joint Formula with glucosamine & chondroitin for about a month.

No special effect to me maybe I still play badminton 3 times a week.

I think I should reduce to 2 times a week.

13. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

glucosomine rocks! i used to take for my knee when i was training for the KL Marathon, "cartilamine" is a clinically proven brand (750 mg per 2 tabs) 2x daily but it didnt work as well as Vitril S (1500 mg per sachet) which i only take after a long run.

apparently glucosomine + chondroitin works better but I don't support eating shark as some glucosomine + chondroitin supplements are made from shark cartilage (fins).

the killing stops when the buying stops.

hope it helps

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I downed 2 large containers of glucosomine with MSN and chro . something. No effect at all. It probably works only if you have joint related issues. Most knee pains is caused by inflamed tendons. My problem is the inner side of my left knee hurts after aggressive games. The best anti inflammatory medicine I have taken is Arcoxia but I am allergic to it. Prednisolone is the next best thing. It is dirt cheap and works wonders but only for a very short term ( 1 - 2 weeks). Only use it when my knees start acting up.

15. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Hi there bro ..... :)

Sorry to hear that you're in pain.

My knees used to give me problems last time, especially after badminton or futsal.
    I was recommended Seven Seas glucosamine pills and they did help.
    After regular consumption, the pain in my knee joints were gone .... i have stopped taking them for about a year plus now.....
    But now that i'm playing more badminton than ever, the pain has returned.
    I'm back on it now, and the pain is gone again ...... psychological or not, it worked for me ! :D

05012335850804_1_height_250.jpg

I'm currently taking the above supplement, it comes with a month's supply of both
    Glucosamine AND Cod Liver Oil capsules.

http://www.seven-seas.com/products/seven-seas/jointcare-max

It's available at most Pharmacies.

16. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

for the past month, i've been taking glucosomine tablets twice a day, brand "Move Free" that i bought from Costco in the US.
    it has eliminated my knee pain when playing. however, my neice was baptized yesterday and at the church i kneeled down and the knees hurt!

anyways, hope more players take this. it seems to help the joints a lot with no side effects.

17. charlotte_alice

charlotte_alice Regular Member

Customer Service
    Glucosamine is what my mum swears by. As long as you stick to natural herbal remedies I doubt you will be breaching drugs rules.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    everytime we go back to Asia we buy a truck load of Move Free for my mom and grandmother!

19. madik

madik Regular Member

student
    Hi, i just want to ask if i dont have any joint problem but i just want to take glucosomine or any pill that highly recomended here to avoid any joint problem in the future. are you pro he recommend it? Thanks

20. extremenanopowe

I used to buy gluco pills for my knees. Now after using kangen water, I do not need glucosamine. Probably due to acid crystals from the food we eat. It also helps to make out body cells healthier. ;)

Some testimonies below.

By now I also saw my flaking skin was gone; my face was fuller; my toilet habits had changed for the better; my knee and ankle joint pains were gone totally( I have been taking glucosamine some 10 years now but was still having joint pains for many years): all in the space of 1 week! And I was not even drinking as much Kangen water as our friends with the Kangen Water Ionizer in their homes! I was totally convinced that if the Kangen water can still benefit someone as healthy as me, it will do wonders for many of my aged relatives and friends, not to mention younger ones. Today, I signed purchase order to acquire the Kangen™ Water Ionizer. 30 May, 2011 I made payment for the machine. 2 June, 2011 This marvel of a machine was delivered to my home! 4 June, 2011 My Kangen machine is set up. My family is drinking fresh Kangen water straight from the source. In the last two weeks I have also found ways where I am saving money by reducing my daily supplements consumption as the absorption of these is enhanced by Kangen water. Bottom line: I am also SAVING money. Yes, we are giving to interested relatives, friends and my massage customers Kangen water FREE OF CHARGE. My absolute conviction Kangen water, I have since learned from the circle of users (homemakers, office workers, marathon runners) is not just for the sick and dying: it is a wonderful GIFT of LIFE for the individual, family, young and old, sports people, sick or seemingly healthy people, internal and external ailments….. everyone, including pets! The different grades of Kangen water is for consumption and external applications, cooking, kitchen, laundry, and household uses, respectively. And more uses re being discovered by the users daily! The natural science behind the modern technology that delivers Kangen from mere tap water is indeed a true PANACEA. It is not a flash in the pan! DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE! The reason why someone should get the Kangen Water Medical Machine.or himself, his parents, his family or workplace should NOT be for what is written above. Drink the Kangen water for FREE and at absolutely no obligations!
    Margie Handley in Willits, CA
    I have been taking anti inflamatory drugs for my arthritis in joints for 10 years ! If I missed a day I could barely walk. Since I have been drinking Kangen Water from Enagic's SD501 , my joints no longer hurt AND I no longer am taking anti inflamatory drugs. In fact I am no longer taking ANY medications at all.
    P.S. My cat has been limping for several years. She she has been drinking Kangen Water she no longer limps !.... This is hard to believe but it is the truth !

From Bonnie Dye in Upper Lake, CA
    My knees have been hurting for 15 years, have had all sorts of treatments, including injection right in the knees. The pain was never really released. In the two weeks I have been drinking Kangen Water from Enagic device, my knees just have quit hurting.
    I also tried out the 11.5 pH ,which is a very strong cleaner as it emulsifies, I had two veggie oil spots on my carpet and with only 2 application it is as good as new !
    From Jolene in Willits, CA
    I have well water, and I have been drinking the kangen Water for one week. K W goes down very smooth and I have been drinking twice as much when I realized tat well water wasn't as palatable as Kangen. I am so enjoying the K W which my body seems to desire as I am wanting it yet had no interest in drinking as much before. I would have liked to try to drink more but it never tasted quite right- but I never realized that until my body had a taste of Kangen Water which my body wants, thus drinking has become not only easy but enjoyable.