User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    I have tried MicroLegend XL strings before (at 24lbs) : crisp feel, a lot of power, look good too. How about MicroPower strings - i find them similar to microledgend XL, but in a distinctive red colour. However they are not very durable

Fast3r: thanks for the info, I'm going to try out the XL, Rally 22, and Micro Power. I've gotten mostly good feedback about the Ashaway strings. A few people I have talked to still prefer Yonex though.

LazyBuddy: thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to try out the BR68 as well.

So much testing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently have ashaway strings on my raquet however i do not know ehich strings they are it doesnt say on the strings and my uncle didnt tell me
    i find that the ashaway strings dont hold their form i have 22 pounds on my racket and they seem to bend all over the place kinda like a tennis racket other than that they ahve a nice feel and play well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    What in the Ashway do you feel is better than BG-85 other than the XL? What about the Rally 22?
    i dont use rally 22 cos my stringer said sumthin about not liking them but micropower is supposed to be just as good as microlegend (XL) except the durability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charliety
    i dont use rally 22 cos my stringer said sumthin about not liking them but micropower is supposed to be just as good as microlegend (XL) except the durability
    i agree, the strings are very good but they snap far too quickly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here tried the powergut 65 and 66 yet?
    It has this power filament helically wrapping around core string
    http://www.ashawayusa.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double clicked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use MicroLegend (0.69mm gauge one, not the XL which is 0.73). I string my rackets at about 22 pounds. I have used this string on multiple rackets (slim-10, ti-5, yang yang tactic 9000, apacs armorpower 700).

I find the string to have a crisp feel with a nice sound and great power. But the strings do not last too long. The strings come coated with an oily substance in an attempt to increase lifespan. This makes the strings slide and move a lot once they become loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been using microlegend for almost a year now on all my rackets, its good and retains tension longer.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the powergut 65 recently. I really disliked it Seemed "dead", almost like the feeling of a string that's lost it's tension.

I'm now switching back to Yonex because the Ashaway strings are not so widely available and expensive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    I tried the powergut 65 recently. I really disliked it Seemed "dead", almost like the feeling of a string that's lost it's tension.
    Hmmmm, that's odd. I just purchased a reel of PowerGut 65 and so far it's a great string, one of the best I've ever tried. It's repulsive (powerful) and crisp and holds tension...so far. The Power Filament Technology (PFT) gives it the best grip/bite of any string I have ever tried. Badders that specialize in cutting/slicing the bird will have a field day.

I'm still testing it for durability...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MicroLegendXL can be strung at very low tension and retain superb playability. It is the most powerful and accurate (in terms of deviation from the intended direction) string at low tension compared to thinner Yonex strings that I have tried. It has a soft feel and sound on the whole. But when hit right on the sweet spot hard, it's thunderous.

I am not convinced it is ideal to stick with just one string. On occasions that MicroLegendXL stops playing well for me, switching to a racket with one of the Yonex strings (BG80, BG68Ti, BG66Sharp) brings my game right up to par again. In any case, I use the MicroLegendXL as the main string because it just feels more consistent, and use the Yonex strings as backups when the Ashaway is suffering from a bad string day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With my previous rackets (Victor Fung 2000 Ti), I always used Ashaway Micropower strings. The thickness is somewhat similar to that of Yonex BG-80's, BG-80 being a bit thinner.

They're both excellent strings, BG-80 is no match against Micropower as for holding the tension. Micropower is a bit more durable, and has a really good overall feel to it. It is also a a tad better in slice shots. The only significant difference is that with BG-80 you can produce more power along with a louder bang.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys ... anyone ever tried the durakill from ashaway.. for me it plays crispier than the microlegend.

The power gut is also good, specially for hi tension.. don't know what went wrong with yours @ golllum.

regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    anyone here tried the powergut 65 and 66 yet?
    It has this power filament helically wrapping around core string
    http://www.ashawayusa.com/
    powergut 65 is ok, but its a pain to string, mistakes are hard to spot due to the black pattern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hum i recently had my racquet strung with PowerGut 66 and well i played in a tournament with yonex AS-50's and well after a match and a half (so 3 games and a bit of the 4th one) they snapped just like that, ok so the tension was not that high only 24lbs but still like gezz they didnt even last that long...oh well i really liked the feel of the strings though but it just snapped to fast...and if its always going to be like that then its not worth it for me to use. I was wondering if anybody else who used this string has had this happen to them?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smash_master
    hum i recently had my racquet strung with PowerGut 66 and well i played in a tournament with yonex AS-50's and well after a match and a half (so 3 games and a bit of the 4th one) they snapped just like that, ok so the tension was not that high only 24lbs but still like gezz they didnt even last that long...oh well i really liked the feel of the strings though but it just snapped to fast...and if its always going to be like that then its not worth it for me to use. I was wondering if anybody else who used this string has had this happen to them?
    Well, PG66 is 0.66mm, which is very fine. Don't expect much durability.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    powergut 65 is ok, but its a pain to string, mistakes are hard to spot due to the black pattern
    I've never seen the "black pattern" but PG65 is hard to string because of the PFT (Power Filament Technology), the string likes to twist at the fourth and fifth (from the top) cross strings.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast