User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilefeu
    As for PG 65 Power, it hasn't loses much tension so far, so i'm pretty happy with the performance IMO this string is one of the best i've ever tried -it must not be the best cos i haven't tried the Neon yet-.

I just need to test the Neon version to definitively stick either with Bg-80 Or PG 65 Neon
    Don Van, former UCLA Head Badminton Coach now exclusively uses PG65 Neon Orange. PeteLSD just tested some and said he really likes the string.

For the money (~$3.50/pack street price), PG65 has got to be one of, if not the best performing strings for the money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Don Van, former UCLA Head Badminton Coach now exclusively uses PG65 Neon Orange.
    To blind the opponents???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    I have gotten to a point of being able to instantly tell if someone has the right tension/string on his racket just by watching him play a few points.
    I really don't know how you be able to do that. There are just way too many factors with the performance, and string tesion is one of the very minor ones (of course, not like 10lb away from his/her comfortable zone).

Even if you know a person very well, s/he still can have a good/off day, or simply practicing new strokes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell from the sound of the shot as well as from the fact that some people huff and puff doing simple clearnaces. I was like that when I first started out, and I know precisely why they had to huff and puff - they have their equipment seriously misconfigured.

In my opinion, and extensive experimentation, I consider the string and tension more important than the racket itself.

I believe there's a thing called the sweet tension. If you have that, you will lose power if you go above that tension by 1-2LBs, and also lose power if you go below it by 1-2LBs. It really is that sensitive.

In practice, it is very costly to find the sweet tension. So most people make do with "Yeah, 20LB is good for beginner" or "28LB is good cos if I go any higher the string will break too easily". If that's how you decide your ideal tension, I belive your string and or tension is misconfigured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    To blind the opponents???
    and blind the stringer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I played with PG-65 and PG-66 last night. The performance is out of this world at 30 lbs constant-pull tension!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    and blind the stringer

I can definitely confirm that! My eyes hurt so much after I put PG66 on one of my own racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I can definitely confirm that! My eyes hurt so much after I put PG66 on one of my own racket.
    That's why my PG65 are still in pack

I couldn't find a way to open it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    I played with PG-65 and PG-66 last night. The performance is out of this world at 30 lbs constant-pull tension!!!
    It doesn't take much for you to convince me. I am already a big fan of ashaway from using MLXL. As soon as I get paid this month, I will go get a 200m reel of PG65. This will cost me as much as a new racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

It doesn't take much for you to convince me. I am already a big fan of ashaway from using MLXL. As soon as I get paid this month, I will go get a 200m reel of PG65. This will cost me as much as a new racket.
    Agree
    You cannot compare : 48 USD $ for reel PG 65, and price of Reel Bg-80 ...
    For the moment, every players who played with this string love its performance ... So, why should i wait anymore ? I'm gonna order within the end of this week a reel PG 65 Neon ... and a set PG 66 Neon to see how it performs

As for Micro-legend ... Well, there are three possibilities over the time:
    - It breaks,
    - It looses tension,
    - string move a lot (too much i think, may cos bad smash/clear power) even at High tension, it doesn't ONLY do that when tension decrease, but almost everything. Bg 65, 80, Gosen strings (Pro 70,66, Bio roots) ... doesn't do that. Pg 65, only a little, but not so much.
    IMO, that's a drawback.
    Maybe my string is not quite tightenned enough ? (i know, 23 lbs is not very high > next time i'll increase to 24/25 i think)

ML is definitively the string of 20th century, and PG 65/66 is the string of 21th century .
    Last edited by Chilefeu; 05-04-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    That's why my PG65 are still in pack

I couldn't find a way to open it
    Then send it to me. I'll open it for you...but I don't guarantee you'll get it all back...call it an "opening fee".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Then send it to me. I'll open it for you...but I don't guarantee you'll get it all back...call it an "opening fee".
    you'll just have to convince Bluejeff that ashaway sells strings in 5m packs...and aks him to send two packs for you to open

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can send you a 15cm, how about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilefeu
    Agree
    As for Micro-legend ... Well, there are three possibilities over the time:
    - It breaks,
    - It looses tension,
    - string move a lot (too much i think, may cos bad smash/clear power) even at High tension, it doesn't ONLY do that when tension decrease, but almost everything. Bg 65, 80, Gosen strings (Pro 70,66, Bio roots) ... doesn't do that. Pg 65, only a little, but not so much.
    IMO, that's a drawback.
    Maybe my string is not quite tightenned enough ? (i know, 23 lbs is not very high > next time i'll increase to 24/25 i think)
    Identical experience on the MLXL, its on 24lb and it is VERY noticable that it moves a LOT after every smash right from the start. something i do not see from most other strings. The string plays allrite if u can get used to it moving everywhere... i was kinda hoping it will sit in place better after a few session but the .73 string remains in perfect condition after the same torture where BG80 would already been half dead. Then the day came and it just snap without a notice..
    for the record it is a very near to the top of sweet spot hit so i understand it snap but.. kinda odd cos i was trying so hard to wear it down and it seems rock solid then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLXL does indeed move around. I wonder if that's what gives it the power as the string can freely stretch and contract with reduced hinderance/friction compared to other strings. I deduce this from an experiment involving applying WD40 lubricant to the string and observing the string giving extra power for a few shots until the lubricant is slung off the string.

I have been using a set of MLXL for almost 6 months, and there's no sign of the crosses cutting into the mains. I had to adjust the string after every rally cos of the string movement. Though this is a little tedious, I have been willing to over look the problem as I don't know a better string for power.

I have been thinking about switching to PowerGut 65 because that offers better grip, and presumably less movement. When I enquired the price, it turned out that PG65 was 33% cheaper than MLXL. I asked why, and I was told that MLXL was considered a better string. Now my plans for PG65 is on hold until I read more comments by people who have tried it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLXL does indeed move around. I wonder if that's what gives it the power as the string can freely stretch and contract with reduced hinderance/friction compared to other strings. I deduce this from an experiment involving applying WD40 lubricant to the string and observing the string giving extra power for a few shots until the lubricant is slung off the string.
    Applying WD40 to the string on your racket? Man, you've gone off the deep end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the string might move so easily that u get the shuttle stuck on the string bed..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast