User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I wonder who is more arrogant ? the one that claims ranking means nothing to him or the one that strives to be consistently ranked no 1 ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    de jure, lin dan is # 1
    de facto, taufik is # 1

look at head to head, taufik wins 4-1 and lindan lost badly to taufik in 2 recent previous games
    well, head to head, taufik wins4-2, i think

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymagic
    I wonder who is more arrogant ? the one that claims ranking means nothing to him or the one that strives to be consistently ranked no 1 ?
    hmm, when and where did taufik claim that?
    plz give a link...
    cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I wonder who is more arrogant ? the one that claims ranking means nothing to him or the one that strives to be consistently ranked no 1 ?
    Thats way off topic.. and by the way u can tell who is the arrogant one by their attitude on court

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whose more arrogant? the one who kept on shouting all the time or the one who keeps calm and collected when he's playing???
    (wont argue more coz i probably will write up a whole essay)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok LD is number 1 because he's the best when it comes to being consistant in tournaments. To say that he needs alot of work to become a better player? who doesn't have areas in which to improve this including TH. I mean he reached the final in the WC!!! your not doin too bad if ya can get there. True he lost to Taufik but to say that he is the better player! nonsense! each player has their bogey opponent who they lose most to, for lin that player is taufik. but taufik also has his bogey player which could be Bao or at the lesser gade whos matches could go both ways either TH or gade. say TH went against gade in the semis? there could have been a diffent final. As I always say your only as good as the oppenent that is against you and so far Lin has proven that he can beat most of these opponents cause if you look at his record this year and last after the Oylimpics he has only lost to to TH, LCW, CH. While Taufik has lost to PG, CH, BC,WCH, LCW, EH, LD. This is why Lin has proven his number one standing because he is so consistant ond only a handful of people are able to beat him true if taufik joined more tournaments he would challenge lin for that no.1 position and yes I know Lin would rather have the O and WC gold medals but that does not prove that one player is the best. It just proves that the player who wins it is the better player on that week and if you can consistantly get to the finals or win them, you deserve the no1 position. ie Gade has only won the korea open this year (not including the euro championships) and that was because none of the of bogey players were up against him but also he is ranked 3 in the world but has only won one torny this is because he is consistant reaching the semi - quaters and people praise him for that so people should get off lins back and just wait another year for the wc again and see what he can do and if he can still be consistant in the following year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's not to hung up with any Ranking system, I think the best player should be determined by winning major tournaments, not by marely playing more tournaments. that said, it's understable why IBF would set up such ranking systems.

Lin Dan vs Taufik Hidayat, anyone watch the final MS game in Anaheim, would agreed that Taufik was a better player on that particular day, Taufik also mauled him( LD) at Singapoe open a month before that, to say Lin Dan was better player is absurd.

At Malaysian open, Taufik could not even managed to get 1 point from LC WEI.. in Anaheim LC WEI could not do much in quater final game.

Currently Lin Dan is rank number 1, I wonder if he like to be rank no 1 or win the IBF championship ( be world champion).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SACMAN wrote
    Currently Lin Dan is rank number 1, I wonder if he like to be rank no 1 or win the IBF championship ( be world champion).
    Ermm.... Why would he like to be rank no 1 ?!?!!! He is ranked no 1 !! make sense mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SACMAN wrote

Ermm.... Why would he like to be rank no 1 ?!?!!! He is ranked no 1 !! make sense mate.
    Yea... Kenneth Jonassen is 2nd and Gade 3rd. Head to head: 1-7. Link: http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal...layer_head.asp

Kenneth Jonassen VS Taufik Hidayat, head to head: 0-3. Link: http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal...name1=JONASSEN

Peter Gade VS Taufik Hidayat, head to head: 7-5. Link: http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal...lastname1=GADE

Lin Dan VS Taufik Hidayat, head to head: 2-3. Link: http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal...&lastname1=LIN

Previous post before yours was right - do not get hung up with the world ranking system. But please continue the healthy debate on who's the better player. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the current situation and Form.. i would say that Taufik has a better form than Lin Dan. Lin Dan's performance has been going down lately. But i'm sure he will have another come back soon. Based on his performance in the China Master Series.. he is still not playing his best even he won the tourney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SACMAN wrote

I think you didn't understand the meaning.

Sac_man was trying to question wheter Lin prefers to (Win all small events) be World #1 or win all the big events and be remembered t'ill the end of time.

IMHO, Lin was not even not sure of himself to be the real #1. After the China Master he said that winning it was the only way to prove that he was still #1. Prove to himself or others? I think it's both... BTW alot of top players were missing in this CM.

If you look back, Lin had an incredible last year. He was almost unbeatable in all the tournament he entered. But recently, he lost all england, SG open, MO and WC almost one after the other. Of course, he reached finals or semi's most of the time but for a guy that used to own the circuit, something is going wrong.

Don't get me wrong, Lin is still a very good player and will always be one of the best in todays era but he won't be as dominant as before (winning many tournaments in a row).

And for Sac_man question, I'm sure Lin would prefer to be world #1 and win big events at the same time but if he had to choose 1, I think winning big tournaments would be logical^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what is the true record of Taufik vs Dan lin (head to head) ?! I read so many different remarks on this forum. i.e. 4-1, 4-2, now 3-2 ?

Ok, I get what sac-man is saying now. Thanks for the translations guys.

I am sure Dan Lin would like to win all the big tornuments (like that swiss tennis guy - forgot his name) and be ranked no 1 because of it..... but in the real world this is not always possible, so for the time being I am sure he is happy being ranked no 1 and winning a big tornument outside of China will be his top priority.

No one would feel happy ranked no 1 without winning the big tornuments. I am sure Dan Lin still has alot to prove and he said that after the China Masters, that he has to justify his position (by winning the CM) after coming 2nd in the WC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually this record is correct, 3-2 in favor of Taufik. He also has won 2 straight over LinDan, and both times in straight sets.

Now, if we are talking and debating on who's "better" etc., between Taufik and LinDan* ONLY, *as of now*, IMO, LinDan is "powerless" against Taufik. However, LD still has a chance to "equal" his head to head match against Taufik in the upcoming China Open(Nov.) if they end up facing against each other again. He also has a chance to equal Taufik's achievement by winning the WC(next year, if Taufik doesn't compete) and Olympics(2008, if Taufik doesn't compete)...So monkeymagic, looking long term and overall, all is not lost for LD...

Quote Originally Posted by protomedea
    Lin Dan VS Taufik Hidayat, head to head: 2-3. Link: http://www.worldbadminton.net/Porta...n&lastname1=LIN

Previous post before yours was right - do not get hung up with the world ranking system. But please continue the healthy debate on who's the better player. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    So, what is the true record of Taufik vs Dan lin (head to head) ?! I read so many different remarks on this forum. i.e. 4-1, 4-2, now 3-2 ?

I am sure Dan Lin would like to win all the big tornuments (like that swiss tennis guy - forgot his name) and be ranked no 1 because of it..... but in the real world this is not always possible, so for the time being I am sure he is happy being ranked no 1 and winning a big tornument outside of China will be his top priority.

No one would feel happy ranked no 1 without winning the big tornuments. I am sure Dan Lin still has alot to prove and he said that after the China Masters, that he has to justify his position (by winning the CM) after coming 2nd in the WC.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-11-2005 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, taufik won in WC2005, SP OPEN2005, INDO OPEN2004, ASIAN SPORTS TEAM SF
    lin won inSC2005, ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik won in Asian Sport Team SF?? When is it?
    I thought it was the one in Manila between Asia and Europe team, but they didn't play agaisnt each other, they were in the Asian Team..so I suppose the score is 3-2 for Taufik....you can see clearly the record in the www.worldbadminton.net, and you go to player and head to head...is 3-2...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peace
    Taufik won in Asian Sport Team SF?? When is it?
    I thought it was the one in Manila between Asia and Europe team, but they didn't play agaisnt each other, they were in the Asian Team..so I suppose the score is 3-2 for Taufik....you can see clearly the record in the www.worldbadminton.net, and you go to player and head to head...is 3-2...
    Well, Taufik bt Lin Dan 15-12, 17-14 when Indonesia met China at SF Asian Games Oktober 2002 in Korea.
    http://www.pikiran-rakyat.com/cetak/1002/08/0106.htm
    But it also says that Taufik beat Lin Dan previously on "Cina Taipei Terbuka" (Taiwan Open 2002?).
    Last edited by Ningtyas; 09-14-2005 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas
    Well, Taufik bt Lin Dan 15-12, 17-14 when Indonesia met China at SF Asian Games October 2002 in Korea.
    http://www.pikiran-rakyat.com/cetak/1002/08/0106.htm
    But it also says that Taufik beat Lin Dan previously on "Cina Taipei Terbuka" (Taiwan Open 2002?).
    And if it is true that Taufik also beat Lin Dan in 2002 Taiwan Open, then their head to head record must be 5-2 in favor of Taufik.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningtyas
    And if it is true that Taufik also beat Lin Dan in 2002 Taiwan Open, then their head to head record must be 5-2 in favor of Taufik.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    yes, 5-2 confirmed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast