How To Do Spinning Net???

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Darma Sucipto, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

Hi Guys...I have a problem, in singles, I am usualy always fast at net games. but altough my net game is fast, my opponent usualy still can return my net shot. The reason they can return my net shot is because my net shot is not deep enough to kill them eventough i move very fast to the net. So can you guys tell me how to do spinning net?

2. Super~ME!

Super~ME! Regular Member

student
    ...i've been told that you should contact the bird with a somewhat slanted racquet face against the net and hit it horizontally kinda like chopping/slicing it...it works best closer to the top of the net since when you slice a net shot, it's hard to get the height for the bird to go over if you're too low. if the bird is more or less in front of me or just a bit off to the backhand side, i like to draw the racquet back during contact kinda like drawing a diagonal line in the air and that usually works...not sure if this is right or not...but works for me...:)

3. aquaboi

aquaboi Regular Member

yep, slice it with a little angle on the racket face (towards the net, of course)...do a horizontal slice just like taufik does so well...no need to push as the contact of the bird with the strings alone would be enough to bounce it right back spinning or rotating...but your timing must be good in order to catch the bird at the right height at the net...

4. Togey

Togey Regular Member

Taufik & Gade have the best net play in the Men Singles game.

5. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

Hit the net shot as high as possible